I'm Bored With GS3...Should I Get An N4 ?

going_home

Jelly Bean ? Jelly Belly!
Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
I'm on AT&T LTE with the Galaxy S 3, but I've had it a few months and I'm bored with it.

Will I regret getting a 16GB LG Nexus 4 (on AT&T's 21mbps HSPA+) going from the GS3 on LTE ?

Phone junky-ism is a terrible affliction.......

Help me out with opinions android junkies !

Maybe the asteroid on Friday will knock out some satellites and save me some money ?

:confused:

nexus4auir

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
Overall, they are similar phones, except the look, no?

If you really want a change, go for the Note II. That's like, got that stick thingy. If you get bored of that, too, get another Note II and you have yourself a pair of chopsticks.

[Edit: I also recommend flashing it with different ROMS like the CM. That's sort of fun.]

skyrockett

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
be prepare to get even more bored with N4 Lol! Unless you going custom rom. Stock JB isn't fun to play because it has minimum features.

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
Well the N4 has less features so I think you might get bored with the N4 even faster.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Android Central Forums

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
I'm on AT&T LTE with the Galaxy S 3, but I've had it a few months and I'm bored with it.

Will I regret getting a 16GB LG Nexus 4 (on AT&T's 21mbps HSPA+) going from the GS3 on LTE ?

Phone junky-ism is a terrible affliction.......

Help me out with opinions android junkies !

Maybe the asteroid on Friday will knock out some satellites and save me some money ?

:confused:

If the S3 is your only phone and you are going to switch then yes I think you will regret it. I was bored with mine too but only because my note 2 became my daily driver and they were so similar that I did not even use the S3 anymore. I then got the N4, which is a great little phone. But it backs up my daily driver. I think the N4 is a great phone but to permanently give up LTE would be too difficult for me. HSPA is okay only because I know I am going back to my note 2.

Do I miss my S3 over the N4, nope not a bit. I do however think the S3 is an overall more well rounded device. Unless you like Nexus devices or vanilla android, I would be hard pressed to think you would not regret a 1:1 switch. My 2 cents having owned both.

Sheaf666

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Have you tried buying something that's not a phone and is more insteresting? I can see how you can get bored of a phone, as, well, it's a phone.
Stick with the S3 and buy a fast car. Way more interesting and fun.

Having used the N4, the Note II and the One X, I'd say they are all pretty much the same other than physical size/shape etc. Once you stick on Nova launcher and get your widgets on they all look the same!

TheDonJ77

May 13, 2011
Visit site
Funny this thread was started seeing I was torn about both phones. To the OP, I felt the same way, sold my and sold my s3 for the N4. So far no real regrets.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2