I reallllly dont know a lot about TVs and connecting stuff to it.
    But here it is: I just got myself an N4, I have a TV with certain ports, some of which I believe are HDMI? What can I use to connect my phone to my TV so I can view movies Ive bought from the Play Store? Or even a netflix video?

Any of these good?
    02-10-2013 11:50 PM
    I reallllly dont know a lot about TVs and connecting stuff to it.
    But here it is: I just got myself an N4, I have a TV with certain ports, some of which I believe are HDMI? What can I use to connect my phone to my TV so I can view movies Ive bought from the Play Store? Or even a netflix video?
    Any of these good?
    It would appear not - the only HD connection you have is called Component (the red, blue and green ones). The rest are older analog/RF connectors.

HDMI would look like this: http://ww2.justanswer.com/uploads/pr...11706_hdmi.jpg
    02-10-2013 11:57 PM
    Thanks for that,

So it's not possible to do that with my TV? Not even with a Nexus Q type device? Can't be done with component cables either?
    02-11-2013 10:57 PM
    Thanks for that,

So it's not possible to do that with my TV? Not even with a Nexus Q type device? Can't be done with component cables either?
    Nope... you need an hdmi slot.
    02-11-2013 11:46 PM
    I believe the television had to have MHL compliance as well to use the adaptor, no?
    02-12-2013 01:25 AM
    I believe the television had to have MHL compliance as well to use the adaptor, no?
    Nope, the Nexus 4 is compatible with Slimport HDMI, which is an alternative to MHL.

AnandTech - Hands on with the Analogix SlimPort microUSB to HDMI and VGA adapters
    What is SlimPort?
    Nexus 4 Slimport HDMI Adapter Review: $30 Micro USB to HDMi Cable

...I bought one of the slimport adapters a couple weeks ago and it works great on my circa 2007 television, which definitely doesn't do MHL as it pre-dates it. Works really great. (well, except that the adapter keeps falling off my N4 because of the case I have on the N4.)

MHL requires the television's HDMI port to provide power to the adapter, but Slimport does not. But I vaguely remember reading that if you use the Slimport adapter with an MHL compatible television, then the N4 will charge itself from the power the HDMI port is feeding it. (not sure if this is true - a key word in the previous sentence is "vaguely".)

You might be thinking of "Miracast" which is some wireless protocol for transmitting video over WiFi that the Nexus 4 supports.
    02-12-2013 07:22 AM