Brightness not working?

ryanr509

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
Seems lately that my brightness on the power control widget and in the actual settings won't change brightness sometimes. I have to restart the phone for it to work. Not sure if it may be an app like light flow? Or maybe just a bug in 4.2?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

boparunsxc

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
Power control widget for android has always been finnicky... what happens when you pull down the quick settings menu and adjust brightness from there?

ryanr509

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
Re: Brightness not working

Does it get stuck on some kind of auto brightness? And your unable to increase/decrease brightness?

Yes it gets stuck on a brightness level. Yep even if I go into setting>display and try to change it there it still won't do anything

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forum

Rizy7

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Re: Brightness not working

Can you remember if you installed any apps before this happened to your phone? This is my second nexus 4 but on my first one, somewhere along the line of rooting, installing rooted apps such as Touch Control, TricksterMod and another few my brightness decided to not operate properly. I use power toggles, I was unable to change the brightness from both the toggles and from the actual settings.

ryanr509

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
Can you remember if you installed any apps before this happened to your phone? This is my second nexus 4 but on my first one, somewhere along the line of rooting, installing rooted apps such as Touch Control, TricksterMod and another few my brightness decided to not operate properly. I use power toggles, I was unable to change the brightness from both the toggles and from the actual settings.

Haven't really download much new apps in the past few days. Not sure if it could be light flow causing the problems as it controls the led maybe its messing with the brightness as well

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
Haven't really download much new apps in the past few days. Not sure if it could be light flow causing the problems as it controls the led maybe its messing with the brightness as well

So why don't you delete light flow, reboot and see if your problems are fixed?

ryanr509

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
So why don't you delete light flow, reboot and see if your problems are fixed?

I can reboot with lightflow still downloaded and the problem is fixed. I think when it happens again I'm going to uninstall light flow without rebooting see if that works

bumme up

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
i got the same problem that my brightness is stuck on the auto brightness. this is really dark and i have no idea how to get it working, ive tried rebooting but nothing happens. does anyone know how to fix it

Rizy7

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Are you completely stock? Have you installed any apps lately that might have caused it? Do you have a screen protector?

kdavidb

Jul 16, 2012
Visit site
Light Flow causes a brightness problem on my RAZR MAXX. confirmed multiple times that if LF is enabled, auto-bright goes to dim. i can reset it using power widget, but whenever i cycle the screen with the power button, it comes up dim (after a quick flash as bright as it SHOULD be). had the problem, disabled light flow waiting for updates and -- months later -- the problem returns if i use Light Flow. pity, but that's the deal . . .

phone IS rooted, fwiw.

death gun

Jan 1, 2017
Visit site

Same problem is happening with me after rooting phone

milladidiTx

Nov 12, 2017
Visit site
I accidentally dropped my phone in the toilet and took it out immediately. It was working perfectly for a couple of hours after that. But then when I turned it the screen was on but it was just so dark I could barely see anything on it. So I used the flash light of another phone to try and see the screen on my phone. I put the brightness all the way up but the screens brightness was still super low. I even tried downloading apps to brighten it but none of them worked. Any other things I could try?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci