Your Previous Phone vs Nexus 4

RodLS

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
I miss the vibrator on my S3, It was much more powerful. I also miss the feel of the S3. I liked the rounded smooth.

hellomiggy

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
The Social Hub/People Hub from Windows Phone.

That was always a winner in my eyes, you never got that on any device... well I can't say any.. Still it was one of my favorite reasons to choose WP over iOS and Android. Just had my Facebook/Twitter/LinkedIn all in one place. Can reply from there and all that goodness.

Also being able to pin my Girlfriends Facebook/Twitter and what not onto my homescreen to see when she updated her facebook status and tweeted.

jman1323

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
The camera from my 4s. Wasn't as good as some new high end phones, but better than the N4. The messaging app was better too. Overall I love the N4.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

Rizy7

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
I came from a blackberry so I sort of liked how it had a red icon to show you had an unread message. Also, I liked how a notification wouldnt go away unless you actually addressed it, in Android I can sometimes accidently swipe the notification and forget I have something to reply to. I thought I'd miss the feature of how bb incorporate all your message type notification into one message centre. But, I just look at all my messages through the notification bar so its not that much missed.

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
I had the Galaxy Nexus, and while I thought it was a great phone, I don't miss anything about it. The N4 is better in every way. I certainly don't miss my Verizon bill.

Greg C

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
The camera from my 4s. Wasn't as good as some new high end phones, but better than the N4. The messaging app was better too. Overall I love the N4. What prompted your switch from ios yo android?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
What. prompted you to go from Apple to Android?

big_time2

Jan 13, 2010
Visit site
I came from a blackberry so I sort of liked how it had a red icon to show you had an unread message. Also, I liked how a notification wouldnt go away unless you actually addressed it, in Android I can sometimes accidently swipe the notification and forget I have something to reply to. I thought I'd miss the feature of how bb incorporate all your message type notification into one message centre. But, I just look at all my messages through the notification bar so its not that much missed.

Yes! I use a blackberry for work and I love this feature.

omgzam

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
I was using an iPhone 4. I missed nothing from it. Glad I made the switch and never looked back.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

TheLibertarian

Sep 3, 2012
Visit site
Between my prior three phones meeting untimley ends, the past year I've used the Droid X, Droid X2, and finally back to the OG Droid... yeah, there's nothing I miss haha.

jman1323

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
What. prompted you to go from Apple to Android?

Lots of things.

-iOS was getting stale for me. The update from ICS to JB is what sold me. I think at that point Google proved that android could be just as smooth and fast as iOS and is capable of so much more.

-The larger screens with the same or higher PPI than the "retina" displays drew me in.

-The nerd in me! I was finding that the iPhone just wasnt as usable for me if it wasnt jailbroken. I was noticing, and have now confirmed, that almost all of those tweeks I had installed through Cydia came stock or could be added without root on Android. I am unlocked and rooted now though and just flashed my first kernel last night.

-The pace at which android is moving is incredible. You don't get that with Apple.

I came from the 3GS and then the 4S and loved them both. I was, and still am, an Apple fan. But I think it was time for me to try the other side. I couldn't just sit on one side of the fence. I also can't say that I would never go back. Depending on what Johny Ive does with iOS over the next couple of years, I may go back. For now though, I'm here to stay. I love android. I love that I have experience with both sides now and feel I can offer better advice to people and be less biased.

TL;DR Time for change

Jesse

Last edited:

bkorver

Mar 17, 2010
Visit site
The only thing I miss about my last phone (International HTC One X) is the fact that the back didn't have a crack in it after 2 months use... Other than that this phone is superior in every way...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

pugnuttt

Aug 10, 2012
Visit site
I had an htc sensation and I miss the camera it was way better. I miss their skins too but other than those two.......nothing!