Poll! Do you use LTE?

Do you have LTE enabled on your Nexus 4?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TheDroidKid

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys,

Just got a nexus 4 I'm coming from a Galaxy Nexus. Just wanted to start a poll on who's using LTE.on there Nexus 4

I'm noticing my device is a bit warmer and my battery is not the greatest. Today I started a test with LTE on and moderate usage I'm at about 20 percent after 9 hours.

Last edited:

Greg C

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys,
but
Just got a nexus 4 I'm coming from a Galaxy Nexus. Just wanted to start a poll on who's using LTE.on there Nexus 4

I'm noticing my device is a bit warmer and my battery is no the greatest. Today I started a test with LTE on and moderate usage I'm at about 20 percent after 9 hours.
LTE on the Nexus 4 is picked up in very few markets... mostly in Canada. Officially ... in the US... the Nexus 4 is not an LTE enabled device.

TheDroidKid

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Yeah that is true, I should of stated I'm from Canada. It is really fast though but I don't think i'm ready to sacrifice battery for a speed boost .

minnemike

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
interesting!

US markets where AT&T has AWS 1700 / 2100MHz spectrum. Those cities are Phoenix, Raleigh, San Juan, Los Angeles, Las Vegas, Oklahoma City, Dallas, Chicago, Charlotte, Athens, GA and College Station, TX. However, LTE Band 4 is not widely deployed even in those areas, so don't feel too disappointed if your Nexus 4 struggles for an LTE signal if you live nearby.

Have not even tried to switch it on in Dallas.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317

Phalonx

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I find that HSPA is plenty fast for my daily usage, and only turn on LTE manually when it starts to feel slow. It doesn't seem to be too detrimental to battery life though. Haven't tried keeping it on all day yet. On Telus in Vancouver.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

nokia4life

May 6, 2012
Visit site
Have not even tried to switch it on in Dallas.

LTE does not work on the nexus 4 in Dallas I followed the deal and enabled it and it never worked now my iPhone 5 gets all bars LTE so nexus 4 nope just H+

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
LTE does not work on the nexus 4 in Dallas I followed the deal and enabled it and it never worked now my iPhone 5 gets all bars LTE so nexus 4 nope just H+

Maybe not where u are located buts its plenty reports that it works bro.

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Nexus rockin 4.2.1 using Tapatalk 2

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site

I think I had heard the same so did not even try. If t mobile launches their LTE here by summer I may give my N4 to my wife who is on t mobile. I hope the next nexus has the att lte bands. HSPA+ is bearable for a few days at time.

pespule

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
the only advantage to LTE is for streaming media, specifically videos which would doubly kill your battery...

aside from that, what are you expect? your pages are going to load in 3 seconds instead of 4?

Wireless Gadget

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Yes I do use LTE in Canada on Rogers network, great for media downloads as others have said. I'm trying to enable hotspot while connected to LTE but the devices are stuck waiting for data. If I'm on 3G/HSPA+ I am able to set up hotspot but the speeds are much lower in the 3-5 megabits range. Has any one been able to confirm this?

PWC Realtor

May 17, 2010
Visit site
the only advantage to LTE is for streaming media, specifically videos which would doubly kill your battery...

aside from that, what are you expect? your pages are going to load in 3 seconds instead of 4?

There are more advantages including file/media uploading and downloading.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums