How long did you take to fully charge your Nexus 4? Mine is damn slow.

Nexusian

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
Hey, today I just tested my Nexus 4 16gb. It was depleted and couldn't even start up on my first try.

I plugged in the wall charger and it took around 10-15 minutes and it started at 1%. I was playing around with it while it auto-installs my old apps (I used the old google account).

After around 1 hour, unbelievably, its still around 3-5%. It got me worried so I start recording it on a paper. Here is my stats.

1.51pm 5%
in between here I played with it a while. no more than 5 minutes.
4.20pm 51%
4.50pm 62%
6.31pm 94%

Is this normal? Should I asked for a new unit? Do I have to pay for postage to send it back?

Basscase

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
How long have you had it? At first mine was painfully slow. Now just this morning actually I thought to myself how much quicker it takes a charge. My phone ran out last night and this morning I plugged it in to the wall. In about 15-20 minutes I was up to 40%

It gets better after it's conditioned a bit. I've had my N4 since mid November.

Charging through USB...now that's a whole other story....:mad:

boparunsxc

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
the LG charger is awful... mine is completely useless now (had my N4 since November). I would buy a 1.5A-2A wall charger, then your phone should charge pretty fast (mine usually takes 1-2 hours to go from <20 to fully charged).

Nexusian

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
How long have you had it? At first mine was painfully slow. Now just this morning actually I thought to myself how much quicker it takes a charge. My phone ran out last night and this morning I plugged it in to the wall. In about 15-20 minutes I was up to 40%

It gets better after it's conditioned a bit. I've had my N4 since mid November.

Charging through USB...now that's a whole other story....:mad:
Got it last week. Open it once and left it in the cupboard. Was too busy. This is the first cycle I guess.
the LG charger is awful... mine is completely useless now (had my N4 since November). I would buy a 1.5A-2A wall charger, then your phone should charge pretty fast (mine usually takes 1-2 hours to go from <20 to fully charged).
Wow that is freaking fast! Any online stores link of your wall charger?

san14

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
2-3 hours to go from 5% to full charge. i usually put it to charge at night, on a timer switch to start charging from 3 am. So when i wake up its fully charge.

nokia4life

May 6, 2012
Visit site
Mine is fast I have charged fully within 1 and a half hours. That's with the battery down to about 15% juice left

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Sashi_R

Feb 13, 2013
Visit site
Made a concurrent post a few hours ago about the same thing. First phone took an epic 3 hours 20 mins to charge from 0. Replacement phone upto 97% after 2 hours 35 mins. Stuck at 97 at the moment. I expect it to reach 100 in the next half hour which takes the total charging time upto almost 3 hours. Ironically the reason I sent out for a replacement in the first place. I think it's a charger issue. Any thoughts at all anyone?

willdogs

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Send it back. I had slow charge issues that led to no charging and sporadic charging after a while. I swapped out for a new replacement with Google (Painless process) and now my new unit charges in 3-4 hours with no other issues.

Sashi_R

Feb 13, 2013
Visit site
Send it back. I had slow charge issues that led to no charging and sporadic charging after a while. I swapped out for a new replacement with Google (Painless process) and now my new unit charges in 3-4 hours with no other issues.

So is a 3 + hour charging time quite normal for the Nexus 4?

Tony Huynh

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Mine takes forever. I always charge mine before I go to bed around midnight. Wake up around 9AM and its only at like 80-85% charged. That's 9 hours of charge and the battery wasn't even fully drained. Roughly 15-20% left. Mine is the first batch. The other day I woke up and grabbed the phone and literally tossed it cause it was burning hot. I quickly unplugged it and sat it in front of a fan. It wouldn't turn on. Finally after holding the power+vol down+vol up, it turned on and was only 50% charged. Maybe I should warranty this phone?

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
You guys that has slow charge times, did you try a different charger? There is no way I would refurb my perfectly working phone for a new charger.