Current Nexus 4 Shipping Times

DNicolasL

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
Hi. I'm going on a vacation tomorrow for a few weeks and I'm currently on a slider phone (long story, but I had to sell my Galaxy Nexus) . My question is how is the current speed of shipping? I know I will be at my family's in a few days, but then I will be in other places and I don't want my phone stranded. Being as I will be away from my home for around 3 weeks I don't want to wait till I get back, if Google is fulfilling orders within 4-5 days then I'm good to go.

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
Ordered the 9th. Called today to see if the order actually went through. Confirmed receipt of order, but still not shipped. Other people have been reporting fast shipment, but it appears I'm one of those folks who have to wait. Funny thing is that Google said they didn't charge me yet, but my bank says they did.

May 19, 2011
Visit site
Ordered the 9th. Called today to see if the order actually went through. Confirmed receipt of order, but still not shipped. Other people have been reporting fast shipment, but it appears I'm one of those folks who have to wait. Funny thing is that Google said they didn't charge me yet, but my bank says they did.

That's not the final charge, just a pre-authorization. It will wear off in a few days if they haven't shipped it by then.

knowimagination

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site

Same boat I am in. Also not sure why my only shipping option was 14 dollar 2 day shipping when the wait time is "2-3 weeks" hoping I hear something soon.

CoolBeit

Sep 25, 2012
Visit site
The good news is that the estimated shipping time on the play store changed to 1-2 weeks today (it was 2-3 yesterday). Hopefully that means they have plenty in stock.

Unicorn Rancher

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
Well I understand that but my point is if I may have to wait 2-3 weeks I can wait a couple more days for cheaper shipping. I just found it odd that two day was my only option.
They pulled the same game early in the Nexus7 release. They charged people for 2 day shipping who didn't get their N7 within 2 days of the launch date in stores. That's one of the reasons I bought my N7 locally and refused to sign for the package from Google with my "pre-order" a week later. Buying locally got it in my hands quicker, and cost me $15 less because no shipping charges. (Google wanted to charge me sales tax too, so no saving there.)

As much as I like the idea of the Nexus 4, with no local purchase option and Google's shipping policies, I may go with HTC instead for my next phone. I have to see what prices are like at then end of the month.