Pics and vids taking up too much space

chrispher86

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Alright so I got only about 5 pics or so on my phone. Most are downloaded wallpapers that are 2mb or less. Yet the storage tells me that its taking up over 500mb. I don't know where its coming from. Also I had auto upload turned on in Google+ and I deleted the photos from G+ but i still have the albums in my gallery. I can't figure out how to delete them. Pressing and holding doesn't give me the option to delete. Very annoying.
If anyone can help me solve these 2 problems, I would greatly appreciate it.

Sent from my Nexus 4

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1360799741279.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1360799741279.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 54

Jennifer Stough

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
Try clearing caches and history. On some devices attachments are saved as a temp file after being viewed.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Android Central Forums

llamainmypocket

Feb 11, 2013
Visit site
On long press a little garbage can should pop up. Also, you should have the option in settings once the picture is opened to delete it.

If you find you need more space I'd recommend Amazon cloud drive photos. It uploads the picture you took directly to your cloud which can be accessed on any device immediately. I just use it instead of the stock gallery.

Greg C

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
Try downloading ES File Explorer and see if you can find the video files. Also... you get free cloud storage from the Box.net app for simply downloading the app to your Nexus 4.

Rizy7

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
You sure its pictures? If you go into settings and then storage it should give you a breakdown on where your memory is used up. If you click onto the sections it should take you into more detail on where your memory is being used up

Kaiser King

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site
I have the same problem. The DCIM folder says I have 675mb of pictures. However when I open it there are 2 folders- Camera (36mb) and 100 ANDROID(0mb). I only have 13 pictures (36mb) and nothing else, does anyone else know where the other 600mbs come from and how to get rid of them?

damo

#teamandroid
May 25, 2011
Visit site
I had this problem as well. The only way to fix it: Hook your phone up to a PC via USB and then delete the cache in the DCIM folder. You can right click on your mouse to find the properties and find the culprit!

I deleted all my photos but was still showing 5GB of photos, this was just in cache though

Posted via Android Central App

Diknak

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
There is an app called Clean Master that will free up a lot of space if you have temporary files/cache issues. I strongly recommend you download that and see if it helps.

Dox Catalin

Aug 19, 2013
Visit site
i hope it's not too late but here is the trick ...

download ES File Explorer (or any other file explorer that is able to "see" hidden files/folders). go to /sdcard/DCIM/.thumbnails , and delete those files.

regards
mAJroSZ.png

skully gaming

Dec 25, 2015
Visit site
you got any video you downloaded to the phone.. downloaded videos dont show up in the gallery....
. Yes so I'm having that problem I've gotten rid of all my photos and videos for games because I put everything else on my phone but when I download stuff I don't have space so I go check my space and its says 2.74 GB of photos and videos and I clearly deleted them and cleared cache and history and it still says that I even did a reset

Swoopanddive

Oct 1, 2016
Visit site
I had this problem as well. The only way to fix it: Hook your phone up to a PC via USB and then delete the cache in the DCIM folder. You can right click on your mouse to find the properties and find the culprit!

I deleted all my photos but was still showing 5GB of photos, this was just in cache though

Posted via Android Central App

This WORKED! My device had 4.75 GB of cached photos on it and storage was maxed out. It was driving me CRAZY. I really can't thank you enough for sharing this fix. Just beautiful. I GOT MY NEXUS 4 BACK! 😂

anon(10661951)

Jan 3, 2020
Visit site
Alright so I got only about 5 pics or so on my phone. Most are downloaded wallpapers that are 2mb or less. Yet the storage tells me that its taking up over 500mb. I don't know where its coming from. Also I had auto upload turned on in Google+ and I deleted the photos from G+ but i still have the albums in my gallery. I can't figure out how to delete them. Pressing and holding doesn't give me the option to delete. Very annoying.
If anyone can help me solve these 2 problems, I would greatly appreciate it.

Sent from my Nexus 4

Check WhatsApp media sent folders

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2