Changes that you notice in 4.2.2

boparunsxc

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
first things I noticed were a difference in the vibrate pattern for texts (stock messaging app) and the transitions and animations seem smoother (or maybe im just seeing things)

DirkBelig

May 17, 2010
Visit site
* Seems to be draining less on standby because it's going into Deep Sleep and not wakelocking as much.

* As I noted in a new thread, Faux Clock/Display users on rooted stock kernels are suddenly screwed as Google/LG have locked all those out and he hasn't had a chance to investigate whether that can be circumvented.

* Long-pressing wifi and Bluetooth shortcuts toggles those on/off. Tapping takes you to the menu as before.

Lanhoj

May 16, 2011
Visit site
% and time remaining in the Notification Bar when downloading from the Google Play Store are much appreciated.

anon(20500)

May 5, 2010
Visit site
When responding to a group mms, instead if sending out individual SMS texts to each person, I'm now sending out an MMS message to the group

mr19

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
Just replied to text and it put my reply at the top of the list not at the bottom. didn't think it sent but had to scroll to top to see my msg? that is screwed up.

mr19

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
Just replied to text and it put my reply at the top of the list not at the bottom. didn't think it sent but had to scroll to top to see my msg? that is screwed up.

Ok, update. My phone thought it was Jan 1. Rebooted and it now has the correct date. Assuming that is the reason for the funky sorting I was seeing.

nokia4life

May 6, 2012
Visit site
Was this for the nexus 4 I have not gotten a OTA update yet do I need to reset my phone to trigger the process of pulling this down?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Lanhoj

May 16, 2011
Visit site
Read this. this guy is awesome. he even spot the small change we will never notice.

Awesome writeup though he missed everything posted in this thread.

Also, is it just me or has the cropping been fixed?
Previously it was horrible forcing you to crop all 4 sides simultaneously instead of one at a time (bug appeared in 4.2.1) but now it works again like it use to.

cornkracker

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site

Previously it was horrible forcing you to crop all 4 sides simultaneously instead of one at a time (bug appeared in 4.2.1) but now it works again like it use to.

Yes in fact it has! Thanks for pointing this out i hated the cropping and found it useless would have never gone back to it, works perfectly now!

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site

he wront an article before which covered some changes everyone noticed. he didnt include those in this article. I agree he did miss some of them New Android 4.2.2 Features: Toggle From Quick Settings, Better App Download Notifications, and Some New Sounds!

Noncon

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Volume can no longer be adjusted while the screen is locked. This is good for me since I carry mine in a holster, and use to grab it along the sides to remove it, but doing that I was turning on the screen and turning the volume way up. Glad that is fixed.

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
I'm honestly not seeing anything that impressive in this update. Battery increase and blue tooth doesn't appear to be addressed. Plus if I lose LTE it's a downgrade.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

nrm5110

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
I'm honestly not seeing anything that impressive in this update. Battery increase and blue tooth doesn't appear to be addressed. Plus if I lose LTE it's a downgrade.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

Brad flash the old 4.2.1 radio it will give you access to lte. Google changed their Bluetooth stacks again its giving a lot of people problems Lol.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sem173