Changes that you notice in 4.2.2

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Brad flash the old 4.2.1 radio it will give you access to lte. Google changed their Bluetooth stacks again its giving a lot of people problems Lol.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
So then why would I do any upgrading? I'm already on 4.2.1. What's the benefit of upgrading?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

HKain7

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Yes in fact it has! Thanks for pointing this out i hated the cropping and found it useless would have never gone back to it, works perfectly now!

They had an option where you could change to free cropping in 4.2.1, in the box in the bottom left you chose none instead of original.

Lanhoj

May 16, 2011
Visit site
What was the "up button" talked about?

I believe it's that now when you tap the name of section of Settings in the top left corner it acts like "Back".

As an example:
-Go to Settings--> Sound
-Observe the name of the section in the top left says "Sound"
-Tap it

Result:
User is brought back to the Settings menu same as they would have if using the Back button.

ryanr509

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
I believe it's that now when you tap the name of section of Settings in the top left corner it acts like "Back".

As an example:
-Go to Settings--> Sound
-Tap it

Result:
User is brought back to the Settings menu same as they would have if using the Back button.

OK I did that last night but wasn't sure if that was exactly what he was talking about. Everything else seems pretty minimal.

andr0idralphie

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
USB Debugging Security pop-up.

I guess I didn't plug my Nexus 4 into my computer much but one thing I noticed right after I applied the update (thanks, AndroidPolice!) is a pop-up when I plug the phone into my computer prompting me with the computer's RSA Key, asking if I wish to trust this computer and a radio button to have it never ask again for this computer.

Is this new to 4.2.2 or was I not paying attention? Thanks.

EDIT: Also, an odd feature/bug(?). Every other power button press the lock screen text (time, date, owner) is flush right. Without fail, I can press it repeatedly and every other press the text looks this way. I'll try to mess with some settings...

EDIT 2, followup: It seems that the flush right text has to do with the Lockscreen Policy app being set to not allow widgets. As soon as I deactivated the app or re-enabled Lockscreen Widgets the problem didn't occur.

Last edited:

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site

As an example:
-Go to Settings--> Sound
-Tap it

Result:
OK I did that last night but wasn't sure if that was exactly what he was talking about. Everything else seems pretty minimal.

well, before you have to press < to go back to settings from sound for example but now pressing anywhere on "< Sound" will get you back to settings.
same for all application and android OS which uses that method

cornkracker

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
Volume can no longer be adjusted while the screen is locked. This is good for me since I carry mine in a holster, and use to grab it along the sides to remove it, but doing that I was turning on the screen and turning the volume way up. Glad that is fixed.
One thing quite nice i've noticed is that even though the volume buttons no longer work from the lock screen so you dont accidentally turn the notification volume down, they still work in music and podcast apps from the lock screen to adjust the volume of the audio.

SamsungGalaxySII

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
Still waiting on the ota update...

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Clear your "Google services framework" data and go to settings and check for update. Voil?! Now you got Android 4.2.2 update! :) This should work on your N4 since this method worked for my N10! Have fun!

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Android Central Forums

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1361140661243.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1361140661243.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 278

Sheaf666

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Battery consumption seems to be much better.

The small black line is where it installed and rebooted.

screenshot2013021811594.png

unrealmp3

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
EDIT: Also, an odd feature/bug(?). Every other power button press the lock screen text (time, date, owner) is flush right. Without fail, I can press it repeatedly and every other press the text looks this way. I'll try to mess with some settings...

EDIT 2, followup: It seems that the flush right text has to do with the Lockscreen Policy app being set to not allow widgets. As soon as I deactivated the app or re-enabled Lockscreen Widgets the problem didn't occur.

The same occurs with Google Apps Device Policy with the Lock screen widgets are disabled restriction, which is pushed by default when you sync a Google Apps account.
I'm not sure if they'll be able to fix that by simply updating the apps or if it will require another OTA.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie