Arrrrgh. Micro sims and straight talk......

jweimn

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
I have a couple questions also...how long does it take to get a nexus now and do they bill u when they ship it or when u check out??? Thanks guys.

An automatic hold is placed on your account which I believe after three days is lifted. Then once the phone is shipped they charge the account.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

rhea

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
To paul:

I don't understand why on the straight talk site - sim cards - enter unlocked gsm phone - enter zip - it then shows the piece I referenced before about not being for straight talk??? Its on the ST website? How else do u get the sim?

Is that different to a new activation sim kit? ( the ones out of stock)

;(

the micro sim activation on (Walmart web site) ST for t mob, isn't for ST? What am I missing?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
Do you want T-Mobile or Straight Talk? It seems you wanted the $30. T-Mobile plan. When I had that, I had to order the sim (BYOD) from T-Mobile online. Although I was supposed to be able to activate it online, I had to call. During that call, I had to inform the CSA (who was very nice) that my purchase (buy from Walmart OR T-Mobile online) did qualify for the $30. 100min/5GB plan. You can also purchase a phone from T-Mobile at Walmart and qualify for that $30. plan. Unfortunately, T-Mobile coverage didn't work for me.
That's what you seem to be missing from T-Mobile.

As far as Straight Talk goes, it sells service on either AT&T or T-Mobile, but you're missing the fact that it's totally messed up right now. No AT&T (micro or mini) sims are available from them. If Walmart/walmart.com still has any, you can get one and it is supposed to activate without a problem. AFAIK, Straight Talk never sold micro sims for T-Mobile, but you can get a mini sim and cut it down for your Nexus 4. If you want T-Mobile service, you might look into Simple Mobile. When I needed a T-Mobile micro sim to get data and MMS working on our iphones, I bought a Simple Mobile sim for $1. (free shipping) from ebay. I've been on ST for over 9 months and it works for us (3 AT&T and 1 T-Mobile in a high speed area). However, since ST has never been known for being up-front about much of anything except for their price, and is being particularly silent over its current connection/disconnection with AT&T, this might not be the best time to join up.

waxwabbit

Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the input.........

I am going to try out both services ( ST with AT T) and $30 TMOB

Ive ordered two N4's, for my wife and I.

I have the micro SIM from the TMOB store, so when I eventually get my phone I can activate by web or phone (sounds like I should go the phone route from what you are saying)

I also have the $45 ST card, but with no AT T sim........and I just saw them on ebay YIKES $$$$$$$$$

I may call around my local Walmarts and see if anyone has them .....

Once again, many thanks

Lee

waxwabbit

Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Haha

Got my phone today

Cant use the micro sim I got from the TMOB store though, as I dont have an activation code - argggghhhh

Sure is a pretty phone

Be nice when I can use it fully.

Hope fully TMOB $30 deal and coverage is going to be up to the task!

Mar 2, 2013
Visit site
Straight Talk doesn't sell micro sim cards at all. They only sell mini sims for iphone and the standard cards. That really bites cause 99% of all androids (in my case a hybrid Note II) use micro sim cards. Plus dont plan on going to walmart.com for your micro sim either. They have been out of stock for over a 3 weeks now. Heres the real disappointment, only 8 Wal-Marts in the US carry micro sim cards in store. Georgia, Arizona, Texas, Pennsylvania, ect. I have investigated this issue thoroughly with no ending result. So I have this awesome Galaxy Hybrid phone that I can only use on wifi. I don't do ebay cause they usually want to be paid through PayPal which I dont like. So if anyone has any additional info that would be great.