Had to laugh - "We've never heard of Google"

bokeh4me

Feb 15, 2013
Visit site
I was in TMobile today, switching over from the contract to prepaid, and someone brought back an N4 8gb phone. When asked why, they told the salesman "we have never heard of Google, oure friends havent either, get a Samsung."

So when the salesman asked what they use for a search engine, they looked at each other like deer caught in headlights. It all came down to either paying more for a Samsung phone or getting a case for the N4. When they heard the difference in price, they elected to keep the phone and just buy the case instead.

chubb

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
The site says one thing and the overall experience of actually ordering one and getting the status of your order is quite another.

Ordered 2 16 GB ones the day the came back in stock. Ordered on a Tuesday, had the phones three days later on Friday. Well worth waiting a few days to save $200 per phone.

Lanhoj

May 16, 2011
Visit site
Never hearing of "Bing" or "Ask Jeeves", maybe...but Google? C'mon now.
That's pretty ridiculous close to impossible.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
Ordered 2 16 GB ones the day the came back in stock. Ordered on a Tuesday, had the phones three days later on Friday. Well worth waiting a few days to save $200 per phone.

That's great that you have a pleasant experience. Unfortunately, there are some people (like myself) who just can't seem to understand why our orders seem to be stuck in limbo w/o any support from Google. I will try again, though, on Monday. When you ordered, what shipping estimate did you receive? The 2-3 week or 1-2 week? I'm going to try to order the 16 GB this time around and see if there's any difference.

Kevin Harvell

May 31, 2012
Visit site
Just pay full retail, you can get one at any Tmobile store.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

How much is full retail where you are? The Walmart where I live has full retail price for Nexus 4 at either $500 or $600.

Now these prices could also vary from a T-Mobile store itself, so if someone can clarify please do so.

Sorry cannot remember exact price

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

bokeh4me

Feb 15, 2013
Visit site
That's great that you have a pleasant experience. Unfortunately, there are some people (like myself) who just can't seem to understand why our orders seem to be stuck in limbo w/o any support from Google. I will try again, though, on Monday. When you ordered, what shipping estimate did you receive? The 2-3 week or 1-2 week? I'm going to try to order the 16 GB this time around and see if there's any difference.

I ordered 2-16gb models on 2/9, told 2-3 week wait. Got email on 2/14 saying one was being delivered that day, the other one came on the 15th.

chubb

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site

I was given 2 weeks. Had weird billing issues where they took the hold off the day it shipped, but didn't take the money until a week after having the phones. Other than that I had no issues. Sorry to hear others are.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
If you live in 2013 and you know who SAMSUNG is but have never heard of Google, I feel everyone who HAS heard of Google should have the right to punch you in the face! Or at minimum, deny you that sweet Nexus 4 that you DO NOT DESERVE TO TOUCH!

PaulMilander

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
How much is full retail where you are? The Walmart where I live has full retail price for Nexus 4 at either $500 or $600.

Now these prices could also vary from a T-Mobile store itself, so if someone can clarify please do so.

Sorry cannot remember exact price

I dint know Walmart was selling the N4 and I work for them lol

Tall Mike 2145

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
I know I have said this elsewhere, and I am loathe to repeat myself, but I'll keep it short:

The Nexus 4 is to me a fantastic phone, and one that I've been waiting for, figuratively and literally, for a long time. But there's no way in the world I'd pay a $200 convenience fee to get one. No smartphone is worth $500+ to me.

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
I know I have said this elsewhere, and I am loathe to repeat myself, but I'll keep it short:

The Nexus 4 is to me a fantastic phone, and one that I've been waiting for, figuratively and literally, for a long time. But there's no way in the world I'd pay a $200 convenience fee to get one. No smartphone is worth $500+ to me.

Woah, I didn't know that. I thought $299/$349 were the respective prices - period. But if they're being sold for hundreds more at these retail stores, forget it. Whose wise idea was that? LG's?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johndoe11