Wireless display not working after updating android to 4.2.2

lakeeast

Feb 17, 2013
Visit site
Hi there,

I've been using Nexus 4's wireless display for the past few months, and everything works great (I am using Netgear's PTV3000 wireless display adapter with the firmware version of 2.2.9). Yesterday I upgraded my android OS to 4.2.2, and the wireless display suddenly stopped working. When trying to connect to PTV3000, a "RTSP closed by the source" message was displayed on the monitor. I rebooted both the phone and the wireless display adapter, but that didn't fix the problem. I even re-installed PTV3000's firmware, but that didn't help either.

I suspect that the wireless display feature was broken due to the Android 4.2.2 upgrade. Any thoughts on how to fix the problem? Thanks for your kind help in advance!

lakeeast

Phil Nickinson

Android Central Editor Emeritus
Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
Ugh. Didn't realize they'd finally added support in 2.2.7. (Last I checked we were still at 2.1.5.)

And now I cant get it to enter into the update mode. :-/

wewewi

Jan 21, 2012
Visit site
Updated the PTV3000 .. everything seems to be fine..

Glad they got rid of the different Miracast/Widi modes where we had to switch using the side button. I use both so it sucked.

Now, I still have to update the N4; it still has only been pushed to a very limited number of devices. Kinds of reminds me of HTC's CID-related updates =(

jweimn

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Hi there,

I've been using Nexus 4's wireless display for the past few months, and everything works great (I am using Netgear's PTV3000 wireless display adapter with the firmware version of 2.2.9). Yesterday I upgraded my android OS to 4.2.2, and the wireless display suddenly stopped working. When trying to connect to PTV3000, a "RTSP closed by the source" message was displayed on the monitor. I rebooted both the phone and the wireless display adapter, but that didn't fix the problem. I even re-installed PTV3000's firmware, but that didn't help either.

I suspect that the wireless display feature was broken due to the Android 4.2.2 upgrade. Any thoughts on how to fix the problem? Thanks for your kind help in advance!

lakeeast

It could be the net gear update didn't have support built in for 4.2.2 only 4.2.1.
You might have to wait to see if net gear sends out another update to support it.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Phil Nickinson

Android Central Editor Emeritus
Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
It could be the net gear update didn't have support built in for 4.2.2 only 4.2.1.
You might have to wait to see if net gear sends out another update to support it.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

If a "standard" only supports certain OS versions, it's not much of a "standard."

wewewi

Jan 21, 2012
Visit site
Fausse alerte.

It works fine. End of discussion.

Maybe it gets broken using some stock-ish roms, but I assure you its fine running 100% stock. Maybe all the OP needs to do is to re-pair his devices. Who knows.
33cx014.jpg

lakeeast

Feb 17, 2013
Visit site
Today I talked to a level-2 technical support from Netgear, and he confirmed to me that the problem I encountered is caused by firmware, but he didn't give me a firm date on when a new firmware version would be available that would fix the wireless display problem for Nexus 4.

lakeeast

Feb 17, 2013
Visit site
For those who are interested, I found a workaround to make wireless display working again for Nexus 4 with Android 4.2.2: you simply need to install an older version of Netgear firmware! I download Netgear's 2.2.2 firmware here and now everything works.

swollen247

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
For those who are interested, I found a workaround to make wireless display working again for Nexus 4 with Android 4.2.2: you simply need to install an older version of Netgear firmware! I download Netgear's 2.2.2 firmware here and now everything works.

I can confirm that this works!!! Thanks!!!

Tall Mike 2145

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
I won't lie, this thread is making me wish I had something I could use my N4 with in my house. But that would first involve me buying a t.v., which just ain't gonna happen.

rootedVette

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
I'm not sure why all the existing smart TVs(with WiFi built in) can't just receive Miracast functionality via a firmware update. Oh yeah, that's right, no one would make any money doing that.

Sent from my Nexus 4

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cyari6908