Location history turning off

c_hri_s

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Hi,

I've Maps configured to report my location history and it works well. Problem is now and then it decides to turn itself off (the 'report location from this device' unchecks itself).

I don't check it daily, so I get days worth of gaps in my history. Has anyone else seen this problem? Is there any reason it would turn itself off?

Thanks

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Hi,

I've Maps configured to report my location history and it works well. Problem is now and then it decides to turn itself off (the 'report location from this device' unchecks itself).

I don't check it daily, so I get days worth of gaps in my history. Has anyone else seen this problem? Is there any reason it would turn itself off?

Thanks

its not a problem. if location history is disabled why would it want to report from a device?? its logical isnt it?

c_hri_s

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Think you may have misunderstood. I turn it on because I want my location to be reported yet "something" causes it to be turned off again every now and then.

I want it on, and to stay on.

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Think you may have misunderstood. I turn it on because I want my location to be reported yet "something" causes it to be turned off again every now and then.

I want it on, and to stay on.

ha gocha!!!! that is weird!!! try clearing data/cache of maps and login again. report from this device is stored in the device rather than the cloud so maybe that will fix it.

wunderbar

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Do you by any chance have more than one android phone? I notice this sometimes and I'm not sure if it happens when I switch phones for a bit or turn my backup phone on every so often to do app updates.

This puzzles me as well.

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Do you by any chance have more than one android phone? I notice this sometimes and I'm not sure if it happens when I switch phones for a bit or turn my backup phone on every so often to do app updates.

This puzzles me as well.
I have a nexus 10 but I see your point. maybe with multiple phone it get confused.

mr.rickeyk

Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
I've had the same issue a couple of times. I've turned it on, only to find out a few days later I have no location history and it's unchecked. It's been on a few days now but I need to check every few days to make sure it's still reporting.

When I switched to the N4 from my S2, I never deselected the option from my S2 but it's sitting in a drawer with no connection so I can't imagine that would cause an issue; but now I wish I would have completely wiped all Google services from that phone when I had a connection with it because I hate that it still shows up in Google Play. Plus now when I buy something on Google Play it asks for my password every time, which sucks because it's extremely complicated, so I do think that has something to do with it. But who knows.....

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

wunderbar

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
I believe that the password thing isn't just a N4 thing, but a Google play thing now. And in all honesty, While it's a bit of a pain it's a much welcomed security enhancement for me. Without a prompt anyone could spend however much of your money they wanted buying apps. Yes I have pattern lock on my phone and tablet but there are always ways around that. I *always* feel much better when there is an additional layer of security around things that involve my personal finances.

mr.rickeyk

Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
I believe that the password thing isn't just a N4 thing, but a Google play thing now. And in all honesty, While it's a bit of a pain it's a much welcomed security enhancement for me. Without a prompt anyone could spend however much of your money they wanted buying apps. Yes I have pattern lock on my phone and tablet but there are always ways around that. I *always* feel much better when there is an additional layer of security around things that involve my personal finances.

So its prompting you for your password with every purchase? I didn't think it was because of an security enhancement but because I had multiple devices linked to the Play Store. If that's what it is...then I'll take it.

wunderbar

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
So its prompting you for your password with every purchase? I didn't think it was because of an security enhancement but because I had multiple devices linked to the Play Store. If that's what it is...then I'll take it.

I don't get prompted every single time, but I've had multiple devices for a lot longer than from when it started. But I do find it welcome when I see it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke