Anyone have a Nexus S and Nexus 4? Need help

sholmes1019

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
I'd like to get a dock for my Nexus 4 that charges (don't care about syncing) in landscape mode. Looking on Amazon, I found this:

31y5Qkc2hBL._SY300_.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0050Q4SKM/ref=s9_simh_gw_p107_d0_i4?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=0RGNHJZKEHPMV61WG7D7&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=1389517282&pf_rd_i=507846

I know it was designed for the Nexus S and the dimensions of the two phones are slightly different, but I'm hoping it may still work for the Nexus 4. Can anyone who has a Nexus S and Nexus 4 compare the micro USB ports to see how closely aligned they are?

MbTurner1977

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
That are both centered but the nexus s has that hump at the bottom. I'm sure that was taken into consideration with the dock. Also the Nexus 4 is wider so the ports will probably not align.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

nexus4auir

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
It's probably not gonna work, sorry to say. The ports don't align, and by the look of that photo, the position of the micro-USB connector is not adjustable.

Looking at my N4 and NS, the port offset is considerable.

0ptimusv

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Search nexus 4 dock on YouTube. There is a 13$ dock for a Samsung infuse that works on the nexus 4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ux2f06L1yRQ&feature=youtube_gdata_player

msndrstood

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
I have the NS4G and the dock. I also have a Gnex and it will not work with the Gnex so I know it won't work work for the Nexus 4. Sorry. It sucks because there are no horizontal docks for the Sprint Gnex either, so I feel your pain. :p

What?! ...I'm msndrstood.
via Gnex

sholmes1019

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
Thank you, everyone, for your responses. I really appreciate it.

Search nexus 4 dock on YouTube. There is a 13$ dock for a Samsung infuse that works on the nexus 4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ux2f06L1yRQ&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Awesome post. Thank you very much. Do you have this dock, by chance? I looked at the reviews and found this comment:

So I saw a few forum postings that recommended this for my Nexus 4.

It fits snugly so probably going to have to remove that skin tight case you love so much.

It charges.

- BUT -

It doesn't charge much at all!

I guess these newer phones (Quad core?) require a stronger charger. I've charged up to 8 hours and it's still at half battery. There is a chance the original Nexus 4 charger can be connected to this dock for faster charge, but I haven't had time to test the theory. So beware Nexus 4 owners! Especially if your using this as an additional charge location and can't use the original wall charger to connect to the dock, you'll need to buy another one.

I have the N4 charging from my laptop's dock USB port and it's charging fine. That's the same port I would plug the dock into. So, I assume the dock wouldn't interrupt that power supply since it's simply passing the current through to the device, right?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez