Does anyone know of a setting I can tweak or app I can download that mimics iOS's "do not disturb" feature?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    02-20-2013 09:44 AM
    Adjust your volume all the way down!
    Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Android Central Forums
    02-20-2013 09:49 AM
    Does anyone know of a setting I can tweak or app I can download that mimics iOS's "do not disturb" feature?

I'm not really familiar with all the functionality of "do not disturb," I jumped ship and came over to Android before getting to use it. Can't you send a call straight to voicemail from your lockscreen by swiping left? Or do you want to actually block the calls from ringing your phone in the first place? YouMail has some terrific functionality where you can assign specific types of greetings based on caller/profile I think, including blocking restricted calls and sending callers straight to voicemail. Gotta be hundreds of similar apps in the playstore though.
    02-20-2013 09:54 AM
    Good point, but I'm lazy so I want my phone to do it for me lol

02-20-2013 09:55 AM
    Yea, Do Not Disturb on iOS is actually a really nice feature that I wish would make it over to Android. The coles notes version:

1) it can silence all notifications between certain times (i.e.) at night, but still let the alarm ring
    2) you can set it so "favourite" contacts who call will always make the phone ring even when DND is on.
    3) you can set it so if someone calls twice within 3 minutes, the phone will actually ring the second time. This is good if someone really does need to get a hold of you. I personally always tell someone that if it is that important, call me twice. If you're calling twice in a row, generally that's a good indication that something is up, and I'll almost always answer the second time, even if I'm busy.

As someone who has a family member who is dealing with a significant health problem I have to keep my phone on with all sounds at full so I make sure if the phone rings in the middle of the night I hear it. The downside of this is that every so often an email notification will wake me up.

Now, I know I could set all other notifications to vibrate only but I don't want to have to do that every night and/or have everything but phone calls as vibrate only all the time. Do Not Disturb as it exists on the iPhone is a fantastic feature and needs to find its way to our side of the aisle.
    02-20-2013 10:13 AM
    Checkout the app llama in the play store. It is free and I think it's exactly what you are looking for. Might be a slight learning curve, but there is a helpful thread in android central you can reference under android apps. http://forums.androidcentral.com/sho...d.php?t=151247

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
    02-20-2013 10:19 AM
    Not as sophisticated, but Light Flow can do some of this. You can set times you don't want it to notify. This only applies to the notifications you have it manage. So if you have it handle gmail sound notification you can have that turned off at night without affecting the ringer.

I have it manage all sounds I want off at night.

02-20-2013 11:50 AM
    Tasker can do this as well. Tasker, the All-in-One solution.
    02-20-2013 12:15 PM
    Port your mobile number to Google Voice and set up the DND policies there...

Forward all inbound to your handset(your carrier will need to give you a new number.)

02-20-2013 12:57 PM
    Tasker can do this as well. Tasker, the All-in-One solution.
    +1
    02-21-2013 06:17 PM
    02-21-2013 06:42 PM
    Give https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...abooze.buzzoff a try. It's got all the features you are asking for and works similar to the one on the iPhone.
    02-25-2013 08:12 PM
    Try Silence, it lowers your phones volume to minimum between set time periods. Not as good as DoNotDisturb on iOS but it gets the job done for now.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums
    02-25-2013 08:51 PM
    Try I'm Sleeping - the app works well for me.
    02-25-2013 09:33 PM
    I second the motion for tasker. While sometimes more complicated than I care to deal with, is such a powerful program and I continue to find all sorts of uses for it. For me, tasker is what makes a simple android tablet into a complete home automation and monitoring system. For me, It is the single app that differentiates android from iOS (well, widgets are pretty neat, as well).
    02-25-2013 10:08 PM
    I personally recommend Seer (Silence Everything Except Ringer). It does what it says by silencing all incoming notifications, but still rings if someone really needs to get a hold of you.
    08-10-2013 12:34 AM