[SOLVED]I Bought Two Nexus 4s (One 8gb and One 16gb). I have some questions regarding Straight Talk.

I_AM_THE_ENTIRE_INTERNET

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
The 8gb Nexus is for my wife and the 16gb version is for me. The 8gb will arrive before the 16gb and she said I could go ahead use it until the 16gb ships. I am going to activate the 8gb version on Straight Talk (AT&T Data) with my phone number and when the 16gb version comes in, I will switch my number to that phone.

The question: Will my wife be able to use the 8gb version with her number once I switch over to the 16gb version? Will Straight Talk lock the 8gb version? Cause I know you have to put in an IMEI number on their website. So basically, will my wife be able to use the 8gb version after I have activated it on Straight Talk's website and have switched to the 16gb?

Last edited:

Jaysus

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Re: I Bought Two Nexus 4s (One 8gb and One 16gb). I have some questions regarding Straight Talk.

lol - I will be doing the same thing with my wife in a few weeks. I can not answer your question, but I was under the impression that all you would have to do to change numbers would be to swap SIM cards.

gone down south

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
Re: I Bought Two Nexus 4s (One 8gb and One 16gb). I have some questions regarding Straight Talk.

ST asks for the IMEI just to make sure they send the right size sim card.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

I_AM_THE_ENTIRE_INTERNET

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site

ST asks for the IMEI just to make sure they send the right size sim card.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

Oh yeah! This is right. I just activated my mom's iPhone 4 on ST and the IMEI # ST requested wasn't even on the phone. It was on the SIM card! Ok, cool. How do I mark this [SOLVED]? Thanks for your help.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seniorengineerdood