Did I Just Get a Free Nexus 4? And Should I Tell Google About It?

PaulMilander

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
I don't think not telling them would shake the core of my moral foundation. Google is a great company, but they take information without permission all the time. And information is how they are a billion dollar company. When was the last time you got a paycheck from Google for all the unique information you provide them?

- - - Updated - - -

I don't think not telling them would shake the core of moral foundation. Google is a great company, but they take information without permission all the time. And information is how they are a billion dollar company. When was the last time you got a paycheck from Google for all the unique information you provide them?

They take info that you agreed to in your tos... anyhow two wrongs never make a right

Sent from my HTC One V using Android Central Forums

jweimn

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Without paying!? This phone was ordered (reference step 1) and not cancelled (reference step 5). I suspect the law would demand payment.

Yea the law woukd demand you pay it thats if google took it that far

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Darrkman

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I would wait until you actually receive the 8gb. They may take your money out again, once it really has been shipped. And honesty is the best policy. If you receive it and they don't charge your account for it, you should let them know.

Keep one, sell the other.

Sorry....I have low phone morals.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

guinnkevinr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Similar thing happened to me when the white iPhone 4 came out on Verizon a couple years back. I preordered it over the phone, The hold was put on the funds in my account, the hold dropped off a few days later, phone shipped and never got charged for it. I watched my bank account like a hawk for weeks after that. Nothing.

boparunsxc

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
You'll get billed eventually. I had my 16gb for almost a week before Google billed me, sorry to ruin the party....

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

Unicorn Rancher

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
Didn't similar things happen 6 months ago with the Nexus 7 orders? The initial credit card holds were released/reversed. The tablets shipped weeks later. The credit cards were finally charged a couple weeks after being shipped. .

What does your Google Wallet say about the 8GB order?

I_AM_THE_ENTIRE_INTERNET

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
UPDATE:

It turns out, a few of you were right. I am getting charged for both phones... Well, that didn't turn out as awesome as I hoped, but I still got two beautiful phones! And the 16gb just got shipping confirmation!

Thanks for entertaining this nonsense.

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
UPDATE:

It turns out, a few of you were right. I am getting charged for both phones... Well, that didn't turn out as awesome as I hoped, but I still got two beautiful phones! And the 16gb just got shipping confirmation!

Thanks for entertaining this nonsense.

Just sell the other one for 400:D

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Nexus rockin 4.2.2 using Tapatalk 2

DankstaOG

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
If I didn't like google so much my "evil side" would have went to the bank today, closed my account and opened a new one. I got the Nexus 4 today and have yet to be charged. SO tempting. But I'd rather be honest as I plan to only buy google products now. No more carriers for me.

It's a bit annoying the delay of charge. I don't want to risk an overdraft but I need groceries. LOL serves me right.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Sorry, but morally, it is stealing and no way around that. Karma has a way of coming to call at just the wrong time..

Sent from the AWESOME Note 2 of a girl :)

gone down south

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
If I didn't like google so much my "evil side" would have went to the bank today, closed my account and opened a new one. I got the Nexus 4 today and have yet to be charged. SO tempting. But I'd rather be honest as I plan to only buy google products now. No more carriers for me.

It's a bit annoying the delay of charge. I don't want to risk an overdraft but I need groceries. LOL serves me right.

You know they can find you, right? That would be credit history suicide.

DankstaOG

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
You know they can find you, right? That would be credit history suicide.

You're right. I got bad credit anyways and ala Fight Club I don't care about that stuff. What I DO care about is being honest. Like I said, my "evil side" had those thoughts. My good side (51% of me LOL) knows to do the right thing.

And I DO believe in Karma.

I do have to ask though....if Apple did this would you feel the same? Hmmmm ;-)

I_AM_THE_ENTIRE_INTERNET

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
You're right. I got bad credit anyways and ala Fight Club I don't care about that stuff. What I DO care about is being honest. Like I said, my "evil side" had those thoughts. My good side (51% of me LOL) knows to do the right thing.

And I DO believe in Karma.

I do have to ask though....if Apple did this would you feel the same? Hmmmm ;-)

Hold up, friend. Did you just say "ala Fight Club?" I mean, cause it was an entertaining movie, but actually basing your life around a nihilistic fantasy... A little strange. Credit ratings exist.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey