About to get throttled -TMobile

minnemike

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
How do you qualify for the small biz plan?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

I have a small biz in good credit standing - just bring your tax ID with you when you sign up! Can't beat $55/month (plus taxes) for unthrottled uncapped everything. If you plan to tether, they do not technically allow that for anything unlimited. For the same price I think, you can get 5GB and full tether allowances.

Tall Mike 2145

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
That all depends on what you consider problems. I'd rather have the cosmetic issue Solavei has, and have conditional call forwarding so my sim number goes to GV voicemail. It works better for me with GV than T-Mobile prepaid would. Other people have different priorities.

That $30 plan is a great deal - I just couldn't make the 100 minutes work. I tested GrooveIP and couldn't get good enough results away from wifi. Did you try both GrooveIP and Talkatone?

GrooveIP is WiFi only unless you pay for it. Mind you, the audio quality sounds fantastic, but the thing that stops me is I've had more complaints from the remote end about audio quality and echoing, and so that really dissuades me from considering it.

Talkatone, on the other hand, hasn't really given me any issues that I wouldn't have had with straight cellular voice. That is, if I'm somewhere with good signal strength, it's fine. If the signal strength is poor, or signal reception is intermittent, then not so much.

With Sprint you can use data all day and you probably won't hit 500mb by the end of the month... lol

Meaning no disrespect, but the logic of this sentence makes absolutely no sense to me. I think this month so far I'm up to... *goes and checks T-Mobile's site* 2.1GB of data used out of a total of 5GB of unthrottled data. I'm like 2/3 of the way through my monthly plan, and that 2.1GB represents talking, Google Play streaming, YouTube video streaming, surfing the web, email, etc. Why would I want to spend another $50/mo (which I don't have to spend, anyway) when I don't need to?

mat jonson

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
well i have worked for pccwireless, the master dealer for T-mobile and let you know these companies know how work
just look the amount of commission it pays to dealers here
and these dealers can sell plans you might think not practical.

mat jonson

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
well i find your question interesting
as you said if its prepaid then its safe

I have a genuine question about the prepaid plans. Why would you opt to pay $60 for unlimited /(2GB unthrottled) from T-Mobile directly when Solavei is $49 for unlimited / (4GB unthrottled) on the same network?

When I was comparing plans I couldn't justify the extra $10/month for half the 4g data - even if I never use it. Is it concerns about customer service, or are you not comfortable with Solavei being new?

Since it's all prepaid I saw it as no risk - if I'm not happy I can always switch providers. So far I've been very happy. (Of course, I'm coming from Sprint so that could have something to do with it.) :D

Even if you have no interest in the Solavei referral program, I think it's a pretty good deal. Sure makes that $60 plan look expensive to me.

I'm always fascinated by what drives these types of decisions. I understand the appeal of the $30 and $70 plans, but not the $50 or $60.

UnlockedOnly

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
I have a genuine question about the prepaid plans. Why would you opt to pay $60 for unlimited /(2GB unthrottled) from T-Mobile directly when Solavei is $49 for unlimited / (4GB unthrottled) on the same network?

When I was comparing plans I couldn't justify the extra $10/month for half the 4g data - even if I never use it. Is it concerns about customer service, or are you not comfortable with Solavei being new?

Since it's all prepaid I saw it as no risk - if I'm not happy I can always switch providers. So far I've been very happy. (Of course, I'm coming from Sprint so that could have something to do with it.) :D

Even if you have no interest in the Solavei referral program, I think it's a pretty good deal. Sure makes that $60 plan look expensive to me.

I'm always fascinated by what drives these types of decisions. I understand the appeal of the $30 and $70 plans, but not the $50 or $60.

Reason for my choice to stick with Tmobile and not go prepaid......They want me as a customer and they show it in a big way, I live in an area with exceptional 4g signal, I live in an area where the towers get updated before others(LTE due in my area in few weeks), Theres quite a few Tmobile stores in my area(anything I need I am local to them), Customer support for all my devices with insurance, Call forwarding is a very important bonus to me, I pay $149.84 per month for 4 lines(INCLUDING ALL TAX) I have 2 Nexus 4's(from Google Playstore) 1 Samsung Galaxy 10 tablet, 1 HTC MyTouch Slide 4g, my plan is unlimited talk/text/4g data(no throttle) for all of the above.....My last and final reason, I just simply have no desire to go to any other provider, yes I am in a 2 year Value Plan but do I care ? Nope I dont because I dont plan on leaving them and I have one helluva package.

Pretty soon Tmobile will be all prepaid anyways.....

eledarmi

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
I just got throttled on the 30/month plan after a WEEK of usage. I managed to use 5gb in 7 days. But here are my before and after speeds for people worried about their awful speeds after.

I use a nokia lumia 710 which is NOT a LTE device but does support HSDPA+ and my speeds:

BEFORE THROTTLE: Download: 18.69mbps Upload: 3.83mbps (Watch 720p youtube with ease)
AFTER THROTTLE: EDGE Speeds Download: 120KBPS Upload: 3.96mbps.

They didn't thottle my upload speed just like cricKet and Virgin Mobile.
It is awful to go from those speeds to EDGE. Ugh. Cant wait for the 1st!!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12