Dropping your Nexus

eronfaure

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
Anyone drop their Nexus yet? I just dropped mine for the first time on a concrete floor at Starbucks. No case. Aside from a few scratches at the top by the earpiece there's no real damage that I can see. I certainly near capped myself though!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

eronfaure

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
I should probably add that, ironically, after dropping the phone I got the 4.2.2 update. :p

Lanhoj

May 16, 2011
Visit site
I've dropped mine naked twice from shoulder & waist height down to solid tile floor.
No damage whatsoever - no nicks, scratches, dents, cracks, nothing.
*knocks on wood*

Alvin Tran

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
I've only dropped my phone once on wood floor at about knee height. My heart dropped to see it fall onto the floor since I spent all my savings on the phone. Luckily, no damage whatsoever.

eronfaure

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
I live in Canadia so shipping from the states takes a while. I've already ordered the Ringke Fusion Hybrid; just waiting for it to get here. Estimated date of delivery? February 27 to March 7, lol.

Seronac

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
All this talk of dropping reminds me that I need to get my extended warranty and accidental damage protection from Square Trade. Thanks to American Express and Square Trade, I only have to buy my devices once. Highly recommended. No connection to them other than just a satisfied customer.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

starter15

Jun 11, 2012
Visit site
All this talk of dropping reminds me that I need to get my extended warranty and accidental damage protection from Square Trade. Thanks to American Express and Square Trade, I only have to buy my devices once. Highly recommended. No connection to them other than just a satisfied customer.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Sounds like you have a connection to them

guinnkevinr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I haven't dropped mine yet but I do have a few random scratches on the chrome bezel that I just noticed. Not sure how I got them since the phone has been in a case since day one and only took it out of it a few days ago. Since running naked with the phone it's only ever been in my pocket, on my bed and on my mouse pad at work. Kinda bothered by things that scratch without anything happening to it.

Doc Marten

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
Dropped mine from a grand old height of one foot onto a thick pile carpet. Luckily I was wearing sturdy underwear at the time.:D

Last edited:

mzanette

Zee
Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
Had my Nexus 4 since late November and knock on wood haven't dropped it once. I'm very careful with it, also have the official bumper on it so it doesn't slide on flat surfaces like some report the naked phone does.

Nuno Coelho

Feb 11, 2013
Visit site
I didn't drop my because I'm still waiting to have it!

Anyway, I already look for some cases, but I really love the phone without any protection!
I already look for some store to buy nexus parts in case of accident and I found this one

www.spareslg.com

This is the portuguese LG webstore and they have nice prices!

sent from my Android using Tapatalk 2

realdeanashraf

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Hi all,

I dropped my Nexus 4 from a height of about 1.5 feet (onto a hard surface) and this happened.

Photo_21_02_2013_08_33_01.jpg

Does anyone know if this is easily fixable? Handset still works with no problems.

gar4000

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
I had this same problem one time I was charging my phone and I left the room for a few minutes and the screen became like that when I came back to check it. The solution I had was to just turn the phone off and back on and the screen fuzz thing went away but I couldn't find an answer as to why the screen became like that in the first place.

realdeanashraf

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I had this same problem one time I was charging my phone and I left the room for a few minutes and the screen became like that when I came back to check it. The solution I had was to just turn the phone off and back on and the screen fuzz thing went away but I couldn't find an answer as to why the screen became like that in the first place.

Tried switching it off and on several times - problem still persists sadly!

smoker337

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I had my phone less then 24 hours when it slid of my counter. Had to buy a replacement screen. Just got it on today.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante