Signal Reception Issues - Fluctuating Bars - HELP!

Positive Climb

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I'm on my second Nexus 4 16GB. The first one suffered from extreme signal bar fluctuation. The second one is doing the same thing. I can be sitting in one place and the bars will go down to 0 then back up to 3 and it's driving me crazy because I never know if I have a signal or not!

Anyone have a Nexus 4 suffering the same problem? I'm on 4.2.2.

Thanks.

Positive Climb

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
are you sure its not a problem with your signal? are you in a place with good signal?
I have no problem with signal.
I have this problem everywhere. It's the weirdest problem. It never goes into emergency only mode, and data works when it shows 0 bars, but it would be nice to have an accurate reading of the signal on the device.

I can be at work where I know the signal is very good, and have 0 bars showing on the phone for a few seconds, then it will go up to 5 bars.

I was hoping that this was a software issue, but apparently not enough people are having the same problem because it wasn't fixed when I upgraded to 4.2.2.

Any ideas?
Thanks

Reptile1990

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
All my phones have had this "problem" your describing. Cell signal fluctuates depending on where you are. I can make calls on my N4 with only 1 bar and the sound quality is great. I wouldnt worry about it too much.

guinnkevinr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Mine does this same thing in places where my iPhone and Blackberry have full bars all the time. My N4 will completely drop in and out. I've missed calls because of this. I also find that I have to enter into airplane mode 3-4 times a day in order to get data to reactivate or I get a "Forbidden Access" error message anytime I try to web browse. I'm on my second N4 as well and my first one did the same stuff.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adelinachau53674