straight talk free sim card trick works?

uhuhbak

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
i read something interesting today. somebody said he bought free flip-open phone on straighttalk.com with 45$ plan bundle. and he just took out the sim card from the phone and use with his smart phone. it is like he got the sim card for free!
i checked i still can buy this phone now, but i am wondering if that sim card is available with nexus 4 and hspa+

NexuxGirIX

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
I bought a straight talk phone at Walmart A few weeks ago and activated it. I thought it would be possible to use the sim in an unlocked phone and so I tried. Didn't work. looks like the sim is locked to the phone. My phone shows no service.

tgp

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
I bought a straight talk phone at Walmart A few weeks ago and activated it. I thought it would be possible to use the sim in an unlocked phone and so I tried. Didn't work. looks like the sim is locked to the phone. My phone shows no service.

That's the way I understand it works; if you buy a Straight Talk GSM phone, the SIM card is locked to the phone.

chestvrg

Dec 25, 2010
Visit site
I believe the SIM card being activated has to be registered to a credit card account in order for them to pull the monies. Other wise how would they activate it for free.

tgp

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
That's the way I understand it works; if you buy a Straight Talk GSM phone, the SIM card is locked to the phone.

I need to correct my own post! I thought of it later that I did the very thing the OP mentioned (although I most certainly did not get the SIM card for free!). I bought a prepaid T-Mobile Galaxy Exhibit II 4G and used it for a couple months. Then I bought a Galaxy Nexus, took the SIM card out of the Exhibit, put it in the Nexus, and it worked fine. The SIM card was definitely not locked to the phone.

kali9856

Aug 19, 2013
Visit site
you need to buy the straight talk micro or compatible sim card only..... retail price about $15.00....you can normally purchase it online if not in a Walmart store..