Nexus 4 for FREE at T Mobile!

return_0

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Too good to be true? Yeah right, this is no deal.

$300 savings up front to be tied to a 2 year contract, no thank you. Not worth it.

Did you even read the OP's entire comment? Here, I'll show you:

Looks like you can pick up a 16gb Nexus 4, on contract, for $50 then they offer a $50 rebate making the phone free. Wait a month then pay $200 early termination fee and you have a $200 Nexus 4!

Usually, when you pay an ETF, you actually get off the contract. That's the whole point of an ETF.

zrxoa1

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Plus if ordered online, they are currently waving activation fees!!!

If you pay ETF, you do not have to give phone back or pay any differences. That is the purpose of charging you with the ETF.

Unless t mobile has some thing else in their fine print....

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

djnk954

Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
but according to the $200 ETF, almost every phone will be worth buying and then selling on eBay... Am I missing something?

chubb

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
but according to the $200 ETF, almost every phone will be worth buying and then selling on eBay... Am I missing something?

After it is all said and done, it's not really worth it. Till you pay the $50 up front, at least $70 for one months service and the $200 ETF, not worth it since the Play Store is still in stock. Doing it this way you'll pay $320 up front while you wait for the rebate to come, then with Ebay and Paypal fees leaves very little room for profit. Lot of hassle for no reward, now if it was still out of stock on the Play Store, then you could make some money doing this.

zrxoa1

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I just went thru the checkout process. I would only have been charged $3 in sales tax....I did not actually finish.

zrxoa1

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
After it is all said and done, it's not really worth it. Till you pay the $50 up front, at least $70 for one months service and the $200 ETF, not worth it since the Play Store is still in stock. Doing it this way you'll pay $320 up front while you wait for the rebate to come, then with Ebay and Paypal fees leaves very little room for profit. Lot of hassle for no reward, now if it was still out of stock on the Play Store, then you could make some money doing this.

You're absolutely right. That's why I did not go thru with it. But if you planned to be on t mobile anyway, the first months service is no big deal. I just tossed the info out there. For some, the full $349 plus tax and shipping is more than they can come up with at one time.

Sent from my tricked out iPhone 4 while my Rezound charges!!!

galatians51

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
T-Mobile phone subsidies are now just interest free loans. If you sign a contract it is considered separate from the subsidy contract, but they are loosely tied together. What you would end up with is a $549 charge for the phone and a $200 ETF. $749 is NOT FREE!!!! Do not be tempted to do this.
On the other hand, I did sign the contract and get the N4 through T-Mobile, I am very happy with it. I will pay the phone off early and have a fairly small monthly phone bill. The advantage of the higher price for the phone is that I was able to walk out of the store with the phone, and if I have any issues I can just return it to the store and get a new one.

The Hustleman

May 28, 2010
Visit site
T-Mobile phone subsidies are now just interest free loans. If you sign a contract it is considered separate from the subsidy contract, but they are loosely tied together. What you would end up with is a $549 charge for the phone and a $200 ETF. $749 is NOT FREE!!!! Do not be tempted to do this.<br />
On the other hand, I did sign the contract and get the N4 through T-Mobile, I am very happy with it. I will pay the phone off early and have a fairly small monthly phone bill. The advantage of the higher price for the phone is that I was able to walk out of the store with the phone, and if I have any issues I can just return it to the store and get a new one.

Tmobile stopped the classic plan altogether?

sent from the best smart phone (not phablet) on the worst network- the galaxy S III unfortunately on T-Mobile

zrxoa1

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
So by free, you mean $200 (assuming that actually works).

You need to brush up on the definition of "free."

You might want to read my original post again. At the end I did mention the $200. But if you stick with the contract, the phone is indeed free....

:beer:

Go Ogle

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
All classic value plans will be extinct by the end of the year unless you are grandfathered in just to let you guys know.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums