zuben el genubi

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
Just got it - unlocked and rooted it.
Have a few issues.

The download for 4.2.2 is sitting there, and I would like it off notifications. I have no intention of installing it.

I can't seem to get the computer to see the phone as anything besides media or camera. I have everything backed up by TB, and I can't get the updates iin.
I can't get to the SD card via USB and debugging. If debugging is on, the computer doesn't see the device.

I would like a custom ROM that is extremely basic. I am using CM 9 on a Nexus S, but I don't need all the accessories and goodies. I'm eying Rasbean Jelly, but can't find too much info.

The only stuff from Google I need is Play. I've disabled most of everything else, and Gmail is in Aquamail/ I'd love to get rid of Maps, totally. The same for location. I don't and won't use voice or gestures.

I've been burned by updates and would rather update manually.

The main thing is getting the computer (XP) to recognize the SD card when connected by USB.

Thanks

It's running my super large apps better than the S, which is why I bought it.

zuben el genubi

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
I did. Only see media. I can't stick some of my backups in as no data or anything is showing. Having a helluva time with backup for Pocket money. It wanted file in specific folder, which I can't see. Finally got it.

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
I did. Only see media. I can't stick some of my backups in as no data or anything is showing. Having a helluva time with backup for Pocket money. It wanted file in specific folder, which I can't see. Finally got it.
try downloading the usb drivers.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

zuben el genubi

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
I did have usb drivers. Got them when I rooted the phone. Zero byte files will not transfer like they used to. I checked properties in ES file explorer and in Windows for the S.
I backed up Nexus S by transferring the whole card - zero byte files and all to the computer.
The 4 sits there with a message about computing time to transfer file. I guess it can't consider that an empty folder will take zero time.
I found this out by exporting files one by one to computer.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maximusdebois