need help with daydream

drich

Feb 11, 2013
Visit site
well I feel like a noob and actually am an android noob I guess since I am coming from a Pre3. Anyway, I need a little help with the daydream function since I use my phone on the orb on my night stand and like to see what time it is depending on what time I wake up. I have been using the function for the last two days and it works fine when I set it up but after a few hours the screen goes blank and I was guessing that the notifications override the daydream function????

If I reset the daydream after it goes off and it works fine for a few hours then the screen goes dark again. I really don't know if notifications are the issue or not but it seems each time I find the screen dark the notification light is on.

I was so used tobeing able to see the time at night with the Pre3 and depended on it for my alarms, etc. so hopefully someone can suggest how to make it stay on all the time.

tia

Rizy7

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Im not totally sure but maybe the screen goes off because your phone has fully charged? The setting in daydream might be set to on when it is only charging. When your device reaches 100% it stops charging until you reach 95% again. The only reason you might notice the notification light is because it only comes on when the screen is off. You might have notifications before your screen turns off but the notification light will only come on when the screen is off.

drich

Feb 11, 2013
Visit site
Im not totally sure but maybe the screen goes off because your phone has fully charged? The setting in daydream might be set to on when it is only charging. When your device reaches 100% it stops charging until you reach 95% again. The only reason you might notice the notification light is because it only comes on when the screen is off. You might have notifications before your screen turns off but the notification light will only come on when the screen is off.

is there a way to keep the night mode for daydream on all night even though the battery is fully charged?

Rizy7

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
I have disabled daydream mode so I cant really share my experiences. How does daydream react when you leave your phone on charge through the standard charging cable?

drich

Feb 11, 2013
Visit site
good question-not sure. I will try it and see. The nice thing about the orb is that you can see the phone while laying in bed so I was hoping I could get the daydream working during the night

minnemike

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
IN theory it should stay in daydream indefinitely when orb charging. Some people have issues with it slipping down and losing the charge connection. If you tak it off the charger for at least 20 mins, I think you should get the affirmative sound chime when you return it to the orb. At that point it should know you are on the orb and stay in daydream unless you manually turn off the screen. Also be sure to check the daydream settings to activate when charging and docked. Not sure if Qi charging is considered docked at all, but I do know your phone knows the difference between Qi and cord charging, so I left dock settings enabled. My battery monitor will say Qi on it and daydream will stay active.

drich

Feb 11, 2013
Visit site
ok, I am at work with my battery at 92% so I will try cord charging to see what happens when the battery gets to 100%. I started the clock daydream after I plugged it in and it is now showing the clock in daydream. If it goes out at 100% charge maybe that will tell us something????

drich

Feb 11, 2013
Visit site
charge was up to 100 % pretty quickly and the daydream clock stayed there. I had it set on 'dock' but only had the cord plugged in and it still worked. Not sure what to make of this.
A call came in a few minutes ago and after I ended the call I had to start the daydream again. Not sure if that is what should happen or I didn't wait long enough. I also had the phone
in landscape while it was working today but it has been on portrait on the orb. I may try landscape tonight and see if that makes any difference. I can't see why it would matter...?
thanks for your help everybody

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc