stay away from google products

llamainmypocket

Feb 11, 2013
Visit site
dream on...

Oh I'm not dreaming on. I spend most of my time observing business and I know corporate culture very well. Do you have any clue how long Google maps was around and how much money Google poured into it before making a dime on advertisements? Have you ever heard of a corporation pulling the plug on a service to an entire country for a crisis of conscience? They are constantly developing ideas without thought for profit. I spend 16 hours a day thinking about the economy and then I spend another 8 dreaming about it. Google is different.

shahali

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
HAH HAHHA AHHA... may be the delivery man did a pee pee in the box as he was driving from USA to England and there was no pitstop in between. haha hahahah hahah.

UK ones ship from Ireland if i recall correctly... something about paying less co-operation tax :)

I hear it rains a lot in england...

Saiga

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
Not a dream. Google does a lot for Android even though it sees no money from the sales of phones that use Android, plus they release many great services for free. Way more than any other company.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Android Central Forums

Are you serious right now? Google don't do anything for free. You make it seem like they are a non for profit charity that just wants to make the world a better place. I use Android and other Google services, but I am willing to accept the reality that Google doesn't give us anything.

Google only has one product and one type of customer. IF Google gives basically everything to us for free, than what does that make us? You betcha, we're Google's product. The only thing Google really makes money from is us. They make money from the data they collect from us. Google's customers are the advertisers. The people that pay Google money because Google has all of this information about us so they can better inject ads into our lives.

All of Google's products and services (including Android) only exist to collect our data and display ads. That is it. Google only updates Android and makes it better simply to get more people using it so they can collect more data and display more ads. Google doesn't give anything away to their real customers. Google's real customers pay up, and that's how Google makes the billions they make.

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
Are you serious right now? Google don't do anything for free. You make it seem like they are a non for profit charity that just wants to make the world a better place. I use Android and other Google services, but I am willing to accept the reality that Google doesn't give us anything.

Google only has one product and one type of customer. IF Google gives basically everything to us for free, than what does that make us? You betcha, we're Google's product. The only thing Google really makes money from is us. They make money from the data they collect from us. Google's customers are the advertisers. The people that pay Google money because Google has all of this information about us so they can better inject ads into our lives.

All of Google's products and services (including Android) only exist to collect our data and display ads. That is it. Google only updates Android and makes it better simply to get more people using it so they can collect more data and display more ads. Google doesn't give anything away to their real customers. Google's real customers pay up, and that's how Google makes the billions they make.
If you say so, but if you say Google doesn't do anything for us then arguing with you is not worth my time. lol

Saiga

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
If you say so, but if you say Google doesn't do anything for us then arguing with you is not worth my time. lol

They do stuff for you so they can take your data. So you are right, they do "do stuff" for us (But just so they can collect our data to better target us with ads). There is nothing wrong with it. It's not like Google is hiding that fact either.

llamainmypocket

Feb 11, 2013
Visit site

Your interpretation of Googles many projects is off as you want to interpret anything they do as being beneficial to either their search or operating system. I don't know if you're aware of when service was shut off to china a couple years due to government quarrying data to be used maliciously against its people, but its a good example of what Google cares about. How about Google shutting the mobile providers out of the picture in the nexus 4. Was it beneficial to exclude Verizon completely? How about bidding up the price of spectrum to force Verizon to accept net neutrality rules? How about threatening Comcast and Time Warner With Google Fiber?

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site

Everyone read this until it sinks in...

I;m happy to trade the data Google gets from me for the services they offer. But I damn sure know that I'm just a dollar sign to them.

ConTejas

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
Stay away from a company that enabled us to have a cutting edge device and save HUNDREDS of dollars over a 24 month period? Pehaps thousands for me personally as I've found my data signal is so much stronger and faster in my house (compared to VZW LTE ~ 10 miles from center city Philly....crazy) that I could actually drop my $45 a month comcast cable internet. I think not. I feel for you, man, but realize you're just in an unfortunate and rare situation.

Saiga

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site

I;m happy to trade the data Google gets from me for the services they offer. But I damn sure know that I'm just a dollar sign to them.

Thank you Jerry!

I never said it was a bad thing or that I disagree with it. I fully accept the reality that Google does what they do. And like you Jerry, I'm ok with that because I enjoy using their services.

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site

Of course we're dollar signs to them, that goes for every company but at least Google does more for us than most others do in terms of free services.

rupam95

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
23701460.jpg

ugahairydawgs

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Not a dream. Google does a lot for Android even though it sees no money from the sales of phones that use Android, plus they release many great services for free. Way more than any other company.

C'mon....don't be dense about how Google makes their money.

Vanilla Ice

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Here's a hint, don't be rude to the customer service. You want your refund, be nice to them and they'll be nice to you. They're just doing their job, they didn't package your order.

If you were getting the same treatment from Google's customer service department like the OP, wouldn?t you be a little pissed off? Obviously customer service isn't doing a great job. This is not the first time I heard of Google making someone's life hell.

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
dream on...
You realize they are selling the Nexus 4 for half price off contract right? No one is saying they don't want to make money but their effort to reduce costs to reasonable levels with the Nexus 4, 7 and 10 prove that they are committed to our best interests. Unlike another over priced company with a smaller phone... You might know who I mean.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

ugahairydawgs

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Don't be dense about what Google does for us.

What they do for us? They provide a service. We "pay" for it by providing them data.

The only thing they make money on is advertising. Which yes they make good money on but not that great of money.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Not great money? It's the bulk of their business.

2012 Financial Tables

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
The parcel service would be more to blame for the wet phone, so being short with Google won't do you any good. More likely Google will eat the cost, and in the end Google will have to dispute it with the parcel service for a refund. (Works in your favor)

Back in the Nextel days, my friend order two phones and had them shipped to his house. Upon arrival he signs for the package runs inside to open them only to find the Nextel boxes inside the package are both empty. He instantly calls Nextel up to alert them to the issue, they're response is (and I'm paraphrasing) "Oh well! Did you sign for the package? It's not our issue, obviously someone stole it during the shipping process and resealed the box" Long story short after months of arguing with UPS and Nextel, Nextel finally agreed to send him replacement phones while they fought with UPS for reimbursement.

My honest opinion on your situation is you need to follow up with Google (as mentioned before, honey attracts more bees) and request a shipping label. Let them know it's been four weeks and you haven't received a label yet. Google being Google should be able to email you a return label, I would ask for it via email just to cut down on time. I feel for you and it does suck, just try to remember Google isn't a parcel service and cannot control what happens during delivery.
Ahhhhh. The voice of reason. Spoken like a honest normal human. We need more people like you. :thumbup:

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze