transfer contacts

Arjun Dhawan

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
Hi, I just bought a nexus 4 and have been using a samsung s1 for 2 yrs now. My data has been backed up on kies which includes contacts, music, vids. How do i transfer them to the nexus 4?

ohyeahar

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
Forget Kies.

Back up your contacts will Google.
Upload your music to Google Music.
Videos need to be manually transferred. For example via USB, cloud storage (Dropbox, Drive, Sky Drive, Box.net, Sugarsync, etc).

RyoSaeba

Sep 3, 2012
Visit site
Forget Kies.

Well he has to since it only works for Samsung phones. I use "Bump" for contacts transfer. Really easy.

On a personal note, I do wish Google would come out with a complete like Apple does. I mean I can replace a lost/stolen/broken iPhone with a brand new one and once synced and restore from backup with iTunes, everything is EXACTLY the way it was, even half typed messages in SMS is there.

wunderbar

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
were the contacts stored in the Samsung address book on the phone or in the google one? quickest way to check is to go to your gmail and look at your contacts. If they are there you're set.

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
I don't know anything about Kies, but if you can export them from Kies into either a csv file or a vcard file, you can import that into Gmail which will automatically sync to your phone.

Ramakrishnan

May 23, 2013
Visit site
my phone was stolen earlier today, and i am unable to find any of the contacts that were on my phone on the google contacts list. any suggestions on how i can recover them? thanks

Zapped

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
my phone was stolen earlier today, and i am unable to find any of the contacts that were on my phone on the google contacts list. any suggestions on how i can recover them? thanks

Were you using a lock screen? If you're sure your contacts were stored in your Google account, then the thief has entered your Google account & deleted all your contacts. And possibly taken whatever information was there in all your save emails. If that's the case, I'm sorry for ya! I would change your google/gmail password for sure.

Always use a lock screen, folks.

fayaz02

May 25, 2013
Visit site
Guys needs your suggestion.
In my city incidents of mobile phone snatching are very high. Therefore as a safe side, what precautions should I take in order to :
1. How to log off Google accounts from my phone remotely.
2. How to maintain a synchronized backup copy of contacts.
3. How to secure emails / email accounts official and one personal of gmail.
4. How to secure data i.e contacts, emails, email accounts, Google account, photos and any other data.
4. Any other precautionary steps.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance