Issues getting notifications and app updates on rooted nexus 4

Nexus4forLIFE

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
Ok, so my nexus has not been giving notifications for apps, any app, and it does not auto update apps either, the only way it WILL do it is if I reset the phone, once it restarts it shows notifications and auto updates apps, but after those updates/notifications the phone does not update or show notifications anymore.

Phone was rooted after the 4.2.2 update same day i got the phone so can't say if it is a issue with that update or not

any ideas how to fix it?

reset the phone or maybe uninstall and reinstall apps?

anyone else having this issue?

ohyeahar

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
By any chance did you use Titanium Backup to restore data? I ask because the only time I've experienced problems with push notifications is when I used TB to restore certain app data.

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
You could try removing your Google account from the phone, add it back and see if that resets everything for you. It wont wipe your phone or remove any apps, it just gets rid of contacts and gmail, then re-syncs it when you sign back in. To remove it, you go to settings>Google>touch you gmail name, then on the next screen hit menu then remove account. I had to do this after I cleared Google Framework data to force the 4.2.2 update. It stopped all my app updates.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty