just got a Nexus 7 now i want the 4

Ryan Murphy2

Feb 15, 2013
Visit site
i have a feeling the answer to this question but figure i would ask anyway. i just got a Nexus 7 and and absolutely love it now i want the 4 but i just signed a 2 year contract with Verizon and my understanding is that the Nexus 4 since it does not have LTE you cant get it under Verizon....is there anyway around this without paying hundreds of dollars to cancel my contract? i have a droid incredible 4GLTE right now that i would sell in a heartbeat to get a Nexus 4...Any advice would be greatly appreciated thanks guys.

jman1323

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
i have a feeling the answer to this question but figure i would ask anyway. i just got a Nexus 7 and and absolutely love it now i want the 4 but i just signed a 2 year contract with Verizon and my understanding is that the Nexus 4 since it does not have LTE you cant get it under Verizon....is there anyway around this without paying hundreds of dollars to cancel my contract? i have a droid incredible 4GLTE right now that i would sell in a heartbeat to get a Nexus 4...Any advice would be greatly appreciated thanks guys.

From Verizon Wireless's website:

"You may terminate service for any reason within 14 days of activation. If you purchased a wireless device at a promotionalprice at the time of activation, you must return it within the device return period to avoid being assessed an Early Termination Fee of $175, or $350 if you purchased an Advanced Device. You will remain responsible for your Activation Fee unless you terminate service within three days of activation. You will also be responsible for all applicable usage fees, prorated access charges, taxes, surcharges or other charges that accrued to your account through the termination date. If you paid a security deposit, it may take between 30 and 60 days to process the return of your security deposit. The charges for any service used on the account before the service termination date may be applied against your security deposit.

If you cancel your service after the 14?day period, but prior to the expiration of your minimum term, you will be responsible for all of the above?mentioned charges, including an Early Termination Fee."

When did you sign the contract?

Ryan Murphy2

Feb 15, 2013
Visit site
i'm aware of this what i want to do to avoid this since i have my phone for more than 14 days is get a Nexus 4 with a verizon plan...want to know if theres anyway to do this.

cheesemachine

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
i'm aware of this what i want to do to avoid this since i have my phone for more than 14 days is get a Nexus 4 with a verizon plan...want to know if theres anyway to do this.
Unless there is some super technical work around I am not aware of, no. The Nexus 4 doesn't run on Verizon's network. That is why I left them for T-Mobile.

Slender Troll

Aug 20, 2012
Visit site
Unless there is some super technical work around I am not aware of, no. The Nexus 4 doesn't run on Verizon's network. That is why I left them for T-Mobile.

The Nexus 4 is a GSM-only phone. Verizon is CDMA. The nexus 4 doesn't have a CDMA radio, so no, there is absolutely no way to put the Nexus 4 on Verizon.

Sent from my Nexus 4/Nexus 7

Slender Troll

Aug 20, 2012
Visit site
The Verizon Gnex is 4 software updates behind the other nexus devices. You wouldn't be getting the Nexus experience with it.

ConTejas

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
The Verizon Gnex is 4 software updates behind the other nexus devices. You wouldn't be getting the Nexus experience with it.

My LTE gnex is running the same builds as my N4. Ohhhhh right, you meant stock. Well I understand the appeal of OTA updates directly from Google, but in the "traditional" Nexus sense, if you're not customizing (aka flashing) YOU are the one missing out on the Nexus experience. Plus the LTE galaxy nexus has received all the updates the gsm gnex receives, albeit 2 months or so later due to VZWs approval process.

OP there is no way to get a N4 to work on Verizon's network. The hardware just isn't there. I paid the ETF on my gs3 and I'll recoup it in no time with the savings. Plus, got $400 for the GS3 so made money going to a much better device. Looks like my gnex is going for ~$200. Loved that phone and it's still VERY capable.

88 FLUX

Apr 29, 2010
Visit site
Your cheapest option if you really wanted one would be to put it on a prepaid line as a secondary to your Verizon line. There will be no cheap way to cancel your Verizon service in order to use the Nexus 4 as your primary.

Ender310

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
The best thing to do would be to try and sell your Incredible to cover the costs of ETF (early termination fee). Purchase a Nexus and do a prepaid or port your number to AT&T/T-Mobile. I'm sure you would be able to sell the phone to at least cover the costs of the ETF, as long as it's in good condition.