Love the phone! But skeptical about the battery

kitkaht

Mar 2, 2013
Visit site
Hey so I have a Nexus 4 for about 4 days now. I havent been able to do much field reports on the battery, but can you guys give me an idea if whether its good or not based on this?:

After unplugging the phone from the charger with 100% battery, I was playing a puzzle game app for about 2 hours NON STOP. My battery dropped to 30%

Wi-Fi & everything was turned off
Brightness was 20%.
I used google search/chrome for about 5 minutes
Some Moderate texting was done in between

Is this normal? The keyword is nonstop, as I was literally playing the app without pausing, turning off the screen, etc. The phone also felt a little bit heated but not burning.

devchaube15

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
the game uses too much power, try this with another game and see if the same thing happens. if it does, your battery is defective, if not, it's just the game itself

anon5664829

Banned
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
Hey so I have a Nexus 4 for about 4 days now. I havent been able to do much field reports on the battery, but can you guys give me an idea if whether its good or not based on this?:

After unplugging the phone from the charger with 100% battery, I was playing a puzzle game app for about 2 hours NON STOP. My battery dropped to 30%

Wi-Fi & everything was turned off
Brightness was 20%.
I used google search/chrome for about 5 minutes
Some Moderate texting was done in between

Is this normal? The keyword is nonstop, as I was literally playing the app without pausing, turning off the screen, etc. The phone also felt a little bit heated but not burning.
I would call that acceptable.

Ice Phrozen

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
I can watch movies streaming for 3 hours and I still have about 50% battery left. I don't have issues with my phone lasting throughout the day. Sounds like your game just eats up your battery.

One thing I can say is that after a few days to a week of getting my Nexus 4, battery life was much more reliable. After the 4.2.2 update, any battery life concerns I had were gone.

TheLibertarian

Sep 3, 2012
Visit site
Depends on the game, and a few other variables (cell signal strength, background processes, etc).

Big beautiful displays and quad-core processors are hungry!