Facebook on Internet Connection Message

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
On Wifi or T-Mobile, I frequently get a message at the top when it says loading that there is no internet connection. It's been going on for a few days now. Any one else have this also? Doesn't happen on my Nexus 7 on T-Mobile or WiFi or my iPhone either on AT&T, just the Nexus 4.

Last edited:

Greg C

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
Re: Facebook o Internet Connection Message

On Wifi or T-Mobile, I frequently get a message at the top when it says loading that there is no internet connection. It's been going on for a few days now. Any one else have this also? Doesn't happen on my Nexus 7 on T-Mobile or WiFi or my iPhone either on AT&T, just the Nexus 4.

Do you have it set to have it to load on data only, but happen to have your wifi on... therefore cutting your internet off?

gone down south

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
Happens to me all the time, but usually only for a second or two. Basically, Facebook is a lousy site and their app is buggy as hell.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

Szabinger

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
I think my N4 has been doing this, since the native android FB app came out. If I open FB on the mobile web site, it works okay, but the app sometimes just refuses to update the news feed and says that there is no internet connection, or without any notification it just wont load. Both on wifi and 3g. I blame it on the app. They just dont give a about the android app. The iFacebook app is much better and fluent. : (

mattopotamus

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
it has nothing to do with the specific phone itself. It is the facebook app on android phones....I had an s3, note 2, and nexus 4 all do it. It still works and updates just fine, but that stupid banner comes up 50% of the time.

Citizen Coyote

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
I've been noticing it pop up more often myself. Usually it fixes itself within a few seconds. If I get the ever-spinning update circle, however, I usually have to close the app and restart it to get updates. As gone down south said above, the app is just a piece of junk.

bulletmark

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
It happens to all of us. Read the app reviews, it is a very common problem.

Never happens on iOS. One of the surprising things I have found moving from iOS to the N4 is how even big companies like FB, Paypal, etc have such very buggy apps on Android. These are simple bugs, how the hell can they not be fixed yet?!

kaushal101

Mar 20, 2013
Visit site
Today's facebook update seems to have resolved the issue. Hope it's a permanent fix and the issue doesn't come back in the evening or in a couple of days.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams