text msg issues

jc0187

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
Hello, so I'm fairly new at using the Nexus 4, which by the way, is an awesome phone. I noticed that I received 3 text msgs. I pulled the top screen down to look at all my widget icons and where my text msgs are, noticing msgs from 3 different people. When I clicked on the text msg icon and entered the message section only 2 of the 3 senders where listed. The third persons text msg had disappeared. I then called my friend to confirm that he sent one and he said he did. So, my phone initially listed a msg was received and yet it wasn't there. Has this happened to anyone else?

jc0187

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
Hello, so I'm fairly new at using the Nexus 4, which by the way, is an awesome phone. I noticed that I received 3 text msgs. I pulled the top screen down to look at all my widget icons and where my text msgs are, noticing msgs from 3 different people. When I clicked on the text msg icon and entered the message section only 2 of the 3 senders where listed. The third persons text msg had disappeared. I then called my friend to confirm that he sent one and he said he did. So, my phone initially listed a msg was received and yet it wasn't there. Has this happened to anyone else?
I'm basically just not sure if I should take the issue up with T-Mobile, Google or LG.

oberkc

May 27, 2011
Visit site
It seems to me that messages occasionally get lost on my phone, as well. Oftentimes, I come to find them as a reply to an existing message thread, so they don't show up necessarily as "new" messages.

I, too, am trying to figure out the details of my new phone.

ShashankNegi

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
MMS requires data to be turned on. I have the same problem and I unfortunately have to turn it on before I receive said message. My HTC would actually turn on data when it realized the message was a MMS, however the Nexus 4 does not unfortunately.

runtmms

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
There's no shortage of threads about MMS problems. You're going to want to take it up with your carrier - it could be an APN issue. I'd recommend troubleshooting with the stock messenger.

Sent from my Nexus 4 on Solavei

jc0187

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
MMS requires data to be turned on. I have the same problem and I unfortunately have to turn it on before I receive said message. My HTC would actually turn on data when it realized the message was a MMS, however the Nexus 4 does not unfortunately.

I use WiFi exclusively. When I'm in transit to work, no WiFi. I can still receive MMS texts just fine. When I first received my nexus 4 I had issues day 1. But after calling T-Mobile and installing tweakker MMS app, I was able to resolve the issue. The new issue I am having is it seems 1 in 25 MMS msgs may be being lost.

jc0187

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
It seems to me that messages occasionally get lost on my phone, as well. Oftentimes, I come to find them as a reply to an existing message thread, so they don't show up necessarily as "new" messages.

I, too, am trying to figure out the details of my new phone.

Well I thought that as well. But when i enter the thread that had received the reply, the reply was simply gone. My friend resent the MMS text and i then received it right away.

jc0187

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
Mm OK, well never mind. I tried it without WiFi or data connection and Sash you were correct. I can receive basic MMS texts but not MMS texts with pictures while not on data or WiFi. Bummer.