Google earth causing freezes

jc0187

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
So, like the title says, when I use Google earth on my nexus 4, it freezes. The thing is though, this does not happen every time I open earth. Just happens when I tilt the map and zoom in/out. Happened three times in a row which required rebooting. Has anyone else had this issue?

fronten

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
I am experiencing the same issue.
i was trying to compare Google earth UI to the Apple maps tool, which ment sliding/tilting/zooming very quickly. (yeah..)

then it just froze, so i had to long-ress the Power-button to reset the device.
Ofcourse i tried again, same result.

Next try, whilest i am writing this, everything is fine and smooth as silk. I cannot make Google Earth freeze.

So.. i find this mildly annoying, waiting for a clue and/or (but also or/and) a fix.

jc0187

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
Yes, I haven't been able to re-create the issue as well. It has happened maybe 4 times. I think it was when I had my data turned off and was not in a WiFi area. Not sure why this would cause it to crash, but it sure is embarrassing when trying to show the N4 off in comparison tests with an iPhone. Lol. Needless to say, I had egg on my face. I did have other freezing issues as well. Can't, for the life of me, remember what caused it to crash or when.

Saiga

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
The latest version of Google Earth is even worst on the Nexus 4 than the last one was. Watch this video

Google Earth Hard Crashing the Google Nexus 4 - YouTube

How is this possible? How can Google make their own app for their own phone this messed up? Isn't the Nexus phones meant to be developer devices? I'd think they would at least test the update on their flagship phone. Leads me to believe that they knew this issue was present and just released it that way.