MD5 Challenge response authentication

Paul Stallard

Mar 5, 2013
Visit site
Hello

I've just bought a new Nexus 4 and when trying to set it up with my work email account have been told that it can't work with MD5 challenge response authentication. Does anyone know a way round this? It's a bit useless if it can't get work mail.

Paul

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
your primary account has to be gmail account.

after you set it up go to account and add your corporate account.

you can choose to not enter gmail and add only corporate account but to download apps and enable sync etc you need gmail.

Paul Stallard

Mar 5, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the reply. I've no issues with gmail being my primary account. But I'm trying to figure out how to additionally add my work email which requires MD5 challenge response authentication. Nexus appears to not support this security system. I'm wondering if anyone knows any work arounds.

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the reply. I've no issues with gmail being my primary account. But I'm trying to figure out how to additionally add my work email which requires MD5 challenge response authentication. Nexus appears to not support this security system. I'm wondering if anyone knows any work arounds.

have a look at this. this might be an issue with corporate account(server) https://discussions.apple.com/thread/1485707?start=0&tstart=0

i know its for iphone but the issue is the same.