Quiet mic when headset is connected

rob6raham

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
Added a vote and comment to the code thread. I think that is a better forum for this kind of issue than here. AC forums seem more suitable for user errors, basic customizing, the kind of things you wouldn't get a response to on XDA.

zerkms

Feb 13, 2013
Visit site
Guys, I'm feeling soooooooooo stupid now: I've found that on my headphones (AKG Q460) there **IS** a mic ;-) So the phone's mic volume "was" low because the phone's mic was *turned off*! So the other side is hearing what that headphones mic can catch. In case if I talk directly to it - everything is good.

Sooooo lame :-S

Jason Shultz

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
I have the same issue. I have just regular earbuds, no microphone, and when I get a call I have to unplug the earbuds to talk because no one can hear me or they can "barely" hear me. It's really frustrating. I'm sad/glad to see others have the same issue. At least I have a feeling that it's not my phone. On my GS3 it works just fine running the 4.2.2 so I don't know what the issue is.

Olivia Meiring

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
This issue is driving me batty too. I have low mic all the time:

using it as a regular phone. sometimes it cuts out or people complain I sound muffled. My voicemail message that I recorded even sounds soft and muffled, so I know what they're hearing. I thought getting a bluetooth headset would fix it, since it has its own mic (which is turned on) but no, still soft. I have even tried using regular headphones with a mic. and regular headphones without a mic. Perhaps the noise cancelling software is interfering but I dont know if its possible to turn that off. If anyone has suggestions or has found a solution, please share.