Nexus 4 questions

kameleon

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site
I have a chance to get a "T-Mobile" nexus 4 for cheap tomorrow. Isn't it the same as the google play store version? I use straight talk and want to make sure it will work.

Secondly, I currently have a galaxy Nexus with seidio extended battery. How will the nexus 4 compare battery wise? And how about overall performance, is it that much better than my galaxy nexus? Thanks in advance.

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
The one Tmo sells is the same as the one Google sells, but if you buy it from Tmo, you may have to sign a contract with them to get whatever great price they have.

As far as the battery is concerned, I also had a gnex with verizon's extended battery and my N4 battery last a bit longer. The N4 is very noticeably faster and smoother...not like a new ROM seems faster, but really faster.

kameleon

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for that. I am looking at buying one from an individual not straight from tmobile so luckily no contract. I am surprised the stock battery lasts life you say. I may end up going with the 4 after all. Thanks!

Alex_Hong

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site
Well, first you can check out these videos from PhoneDog. They are in process of doing a 30 day challenge with the Nexus 4 on straight talk.

On battery life, I can't really comment to the comparison with GNex, as I don't have that. But I've been pretty satisfied with my Nexus 4's battery life. For example just yesterday i use endomondo on it to track my jog for 1 hour 40mins, meaning GPS tracking all the time. Of course while playing music through earphones at the maximum volume allowed (somehow its not as loud as other phones I've had). I started the run at 28%, thinking it might not last all the way. But pleasantly surprised when i got home with 12% left.

Speed wise I have been very impressed with its smoothness.

If you like the GNex, you'll probably like the Nexus 4 too. It might not be the latest and greatest Android device in terms of specs, but its definitely once of the best bang for buck phone in the market imo.

Edit: added the videos that I was talking about. Forgot to include it.