Cannot answer phone calls

skidmark

Dec 25, 2010
Visit site
From time to time on my stock, unrooted phone I will receive a phone call, but will be unable to answer. I have to turn off and on the screen using the power button, then I can slide it over to answer.

Anyone else experiencing this our how to resolve it?

Sent from my Nexus 4 on the Solavei network.

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
Are you using a case or a screen protector? This is just a guess, but it's possible that something is sometimes blocking the proximity sensor, making the phone think it is up against your face, which keeps the screen off, unless you hit the power button. If you are (using a case or a screen protector), you could try a different one or even taking a razor blade and trimming a tiny bit off around the sensor.

skidmark

Dec 25, 2010
Visit site
Are you using a case or a screen protector? This is just a guess, but it's possible that something is sometimes blocking the proximity sensor, making the phone think it is up against your face, which keeps the screen off, unless you hit the power button. If you are (using a case or a screen protector), you could try a different one or even taking a razor blade and trimming a tiny bit off around the sensor.

The screen turns on, but is unresponsive to me sliding to answer. It happens on occasion only, but still should not happen.

Chum

May 7, 2010
Visit site
This happens to me from time to time. Nexus 4 16GB stock launcher non-rooted. Not using a case or screen protector.

The phone rings, I pull out of my pocket, screen is on but does not respond to any swiping to answer. I have to press the power button (screen turns off), then press the power button again (screen turns on), then I can swipe to answer the call.

This does not happen very often (maybe 1 out of 20 calls?) but is an annoyance.

skidmark

Dec 25, 2010
Visit site
I am not using any 3rd party software in regards to my dialer or sms.

parfay

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
I get this issue too. Non rooted, standard out the box. When I pull to the left it sometimes won't answer. Pressing the side button doesn't help. It also sometimes won't let me hang up, screen stays blank and the censor is totally uncovered. Glad I'm not the only one, was thinking I was thinking of sending it back but hopefully its a software issue that will be fixed? Doesn't happen a lot but when it does its very ennoying

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I had this happen last night. Wondering now if I made a mistake buying this phone. I was never EVER unable to answer a call on an iPhone.

parfay

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
Well hopefully it wasn't a mistake buying it and they will fix it, apart from that issue I like this phone a lot more than iPhone.

mamutarka

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
same thing happens to me from time to tim on my all stock nexus 4.

screen turns on and I can't slide to answer, I need to press power button to ''reset'' the screen and then I can answer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC