Hey all,

I have had my Nexus 4 for a little over a month now and I am loving it. One thing however that I cannot figure out how to do is to share photos I have taken via MMS over my Google Voice number. When I look at a photo I can click the share icon to share the photo via Facebook and a myriad of other social networks, or I can push the messaging icon to share the photo with someone in my contact list, but it uses my phone's built-in number.

Is there a way to share the photo with one of my contacts via MMS, but using my Google Voice number instead?
    03-07-2013 09:49 AM
    Google Voice doesn't support MMS.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    TheLibertarian likes this.
    03-07-2013 10:10 AM
    Welcome to the forum!

No MMS is the only downside I can find to using Google Voice. I hope that one day they'll get it added in, but I don't think we'll see it anytime soon. The only 2 ways you can send a photo to someone's phone is by email, or use the phones native messaging app, which will send it via your SIM card phone number and probably defeat the whole purpose of having Google Voice.
    03-07-2013 12:20 PM
    Some searching on the forums brings this up: http://forums.androidcentral.com/goo...ml#post2580022

I've never used it myself, but it sounds like a decent workaround.
    03-07-2013 09:59 PM
    Some searching on the forums brings this up: http://forums.androidcentral.com/goo...ml#post2580022

I've never used it myself, but it sounds like a decent workaround.
    True, though receiving MMS remains, for the most part, unsupported. I'm hopeful that Google will give Voice a feature/functionality overhaul fairly soon, along the lines of what Wallet and Drive have gone through in the past and are going through now.
    03-08-2013 03:11 AM
    True, though receiving MMS remains, for the most part, unsupported. I'm hopeful that Google will give Voice a feature/functionality overhaul fairly soon, along the lines of what Wallet and Drive have gone through in the past and are going through now.
    Agreed... As important a service it is for some people Google really has it at a low priority on its project list, lol. The app hasn't received more than a bug fix update or 2 in the last year I think, hasn't seen new features or even been improved/optimized much in ages. Hopefully they'll put some effort into it soon.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
    03-08-2013 05:22 AM
    Thanks for the information everyone! I don't know why I thought Voice supported MMS. I hope they add it at some point.
    03-09-2013 07:40 AM
    actually there are a few ways around this issue... my favorite way is using talkatone, now linked with gv and fb... love it... I pay$25 unlimited 4g ....
    07-14-2013 04:03 PM
    There's always Hangouts

Sent from my Nexus 4 rooted, but stock.
    07-15-2013 12:02 AM