Are you satisfied with your Nexus 4?

Are you satisfied with your nexus 4?

• Total voters

zxcv106106

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
I have read many thread on the issues of Nexus 4.

Just wanna know what you guys think of your phone. Are you still in love with your phone? or you feel disappointed with this newest google device.

I personally still satisfied with the phone although I have issue on buzz sound when click screen. poor signal. and Battery drain. It's magical I still feel satisfied with all those issue I have...

LOL

Lanhoj

May 16, 2011
Visit site
I love it!

Was it a huge step ahead of the GNex I upgraded from? Other than quad-core, no.

Had I paid the 650$ for it like my GNex I'd be disappointed, but 400$? Absolutely can't complain!

TheDonJ77

May 13, 2011
Visit site
Without a doubt, Loving it, now I need to decide on whether I want to root and flash or just enjoy stock android (the way it was intended) lol. Can't wait to see what the nexus 5 will bring!

morrsn

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
Overall? Yes. The battery could be better and the stock screen calibration sucks though.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

PWC Realtor

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I agree it's not a huge step from the Galaxy Nexus I paid $250 and kept for four months. Honestly if I hadn't tripped over the deal I got on my Nexus 4 (16gb model with the bumper case for 350 bought in mid December during the Google Play Store debacle) I'd still be rocking my GNex.

As for my thoughts on the N4 I am also not flattered by its battery life but the screen is amazing when compared to pentile matrix on the GNex (which personally was annoying to me).

zxcv106106

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Just wanna know how you guys deal with the battery drain and poor signal problem.

Do you just ignore it? Or most of you guys RMA it until you get a perfect phone in this case, buzz sound, poor signal, and drain battery

Greg C

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
Huge leap forward from my Motorola Atrix 4G. I don't see how I can ever go back to a phone with carrier bloatware and slow to no updates.

frenziedfemale

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Upgraded from my 1st smartphone ever, the LG optimus One. I could not fathom paying $600+ for a new phone, so to be honest I would still be using the old one if not for the great value of the N4. I am a light phone user. A few texts per day (usually to and from my kids) the odd phone call, some web searching if my tablet isn't handy, gps navigation every now and then, and the security of having the phone for emergencies. I don't have battery issues, a full charge can last me over a day no problem. I love this phone. No useless apps, completely customizable without the need to root (with the right apps). Works great on my telus prepaid plan. I was showing it off at work and now my coworker has purchased one too, and he is an i-geek. ;)
Very satisfied here.

Last edited:

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Satisfied. I have had the N4 since right before New Year but only just used it as my daily driver for a week this week while on spring break with my family. There is nothing about this phone that I discovered that I did not know, but it did reaffirm some things about me and my usage that I want out of my phone or at least my daily driver.

Things I really like:

Size and heft- good size and heft. Feels good in the hand and not too small to use to read and browse. Very clear and good resolution.
Great screen- Very good screen. No problems reading websites and forums and email etc.
Keyboard- It is very easy to type on for me. In some ways it is easier than my Note 2. I seem to make less mistakes. Although I love having the numbers on the keyboard with my Note 2 so I do not have to shift to use numbers and then shift back to letters.
Google Wallet- I used it a lot this week. I was surprised by how many places take it with the new paypass terminals! I think it i easier than pulling out your actual wallet.
Just works well- No major bugs that I noticed.

Things I want improved for my usage and preferences:

Battery- I may be spoiled by my Note 2 battery but it seems like by 4-5 pm daily I was looking to top off with moderate usage. I had not seen this earlier because I had only used the N4 on the weekend where my usage is very low, so the battery was never really taxed. I would have a hard time using this phone everyday while working. I travel a bit and am on the go a lot and do not want to have to plug in or top off until after the workday. I realize this is a very subjective view and your mileage will vary.

Camera- I took a lot of pics and video of the kids while on spring break this week and for ME, 16GB just does not cut it. I had to move my pictures and videos (they consume lots of storage as many of you know) to make room again on my N4. I used the cloud on wifi but it is slow...(I am an impatient type) with pictures and I made the mistake of moving video once on the cloud (a clip that was 50 or 60 MB) that took over 10 minutes, I think. The quality of the pictures was OK, but not great. My wife's S3 and daughter's ipod touch 5 took better pictures. Another concern was the auto focus on in the video mode. Seems like it shifts around a lot. I would love to see a better camera on the Nexus line. We had our 60D with us but for impromptu shots the phone cameras cannot be beat.

Storage- I want a minimum of 32GB. Yes I use the cloud, but to me it is not as convenient as local storage and with flash storage prices, no reason to have less than 32GB. That would allow me to have some pictures and video on my phone instead of worrying about running out of storage for the next series of shots. Just my preference.

LTE- Since I use the Note 2 on ATT's LTE network, I really missed it this week. I was in an areas that did not have LTE (which is why I took my N4) but it reminded me of how I like having LTE if and when I need it. I am on ATT LTE unlimited plan (5GB) and is is nice to have when you want it and wifi is not around. Most cites in Texas have it.

I still like my N4 and plan to keep it and use it on the weekends. I do think the skins have surpassed vanilla android in terms of functionality but they may be getting too functional. i.e. touch wiz notification bar is really busy. Of course, you get the bloatware with that. So for having a simple, functional device that will get the first updates, it is still worth having a Nexus device handy!

Last edited:

dgwphotography

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
I love this phone.

My only complaint was with the washed out colors - I rooted so I could run the Nexus 4 Color Calibration app, and it looks much better now.

There is no such thing as the perfect phone, but this is pretty close ;)

tacosrdelicioso

Nov 12, 2011
Visit site
My signal is great the battery is good... Seriously come on people. Just because it isn't a note 2 doesn't mean the battery is atrocious. The phone is perfect

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

zxcv106106

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
My signal is great the battery is good... Seriously come on people. Just because it isn't a note 2 doesn't mean the battery is atrocious. The phone is perfect

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

I don't think there is a perfect phone although this one near perfect. My battery is a bit drain too quick. Can your phone last a day with screen on over 8 hours?

Are you on T-mobile or ATT? For me, T-mobile has a really bad signal for my phone. How's yours?

Does your phone have buzzing sound when talking on the phone? or when clicking on the screen? These are all the common issue for this phone.

- - - Updated - - -

Satisfied. I have had the N4 since right before New Year but only just used it as my daily driver for a week this week while on spring break with my family. There is nothing about this phone that I discovered that I did not know, but it did reaffirm some things about me and my usage that I want out of my phone or at least my daily driver.

Things I really like:

Size and heft- good size and heft. Feels good in the hand and not too small to use to read and browse. Very clear and good resolution.
Great screen- Very good screen. No problems reading websites and forums and email etc.
Keyboard- It is very easy to type on for me. In some ways it is easier than my Note 2. I seem to make less mistakes. Although I love having the numbers on the keyboard with my Note 2 so I do not have to shift to use numbers and then shift back to letters.
Google Wallet- I used it a lot this week. I was surprised by how many places take it with the new paypass terminals! I think it i easier than pulling out your actual wallet.
Just works well- No major bugs that I noticed.

Things I want improved for my usage and preferences:

Battery- I may be spoiled by my Note 2 battery but it seems like by 4-5 pm daily I was looking to top off with moderate usage. I had not seen this earlier because I had only used the N4 on the weekend where my usage is very low, so the battery was never really taxed. I would have a hard time using this phone everyday while working. I travel a bit and am on the go a lot and do not want to have to plug in or top off until after the workday. I realize this is a very subjective view and your mileage will vary.

Camera- I took a lot of pics and video of the kids while on spring break this week and for ME, 16GB just does not cut it. I had to move my pictures and videos (they consume lots of storage as many of you know) to make room again on my N4. I used the cloud on wifi but it is slow...(I am an impatient type) with pictures and I made the mistake of moving video once on the cloud (a clip that was 50 or 60 MB) that took over 10 minutes, I think. The quality of the pictures was OK, but not great. My wife's S3 and daughter's ipod touch 5 took better pictures. Another concern was the auto focus on in the video mode. Seems like it shifts around a lot. I would love to see a better camera on the Nexus line. We had our 60D with us but for impromptu shots the phone cameras cannot be beat.

Storage- I want a minimum of 32GB. Yes I use the cloud, but to me it is not as convenient as local storage and with flash storage prices, no reason to have less than 32GB. That would allow me to have some pictures and video on my phone instead of worrying about running out of storage for the next series of shots. Just my preference.

LTE- Since I use the Note 2 on ATT's LTE network, I really missed it this week. I was in an areas that did not have LTE (which is why I took my N4) but it reminded me of how I like having LTE if and when I need it. I am on ATT LTE unlimited plan (5GB) and is is nice to have when you want it and wifi is not around. Most cites in Texas have it.

I still like my N4 and plan to keep it and use it on the weekends. I do think the skins have surpassed vanilla android in terms of functionality but they may be getting too functional. i.e. touch wiz notification bar is really busy. Of course, you get the bloatware with that. So for having a simple, functional device that will get the first updates, it is still worth having a Nexus device handy!

Wow! Thanks for taking your time to write this much! Greatly appreciated

vNaK

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
it is a great smartphone. I still like my nexus 4, but the biggest gripe I have about it is that the "phone" part is not great. both the speaker and in ear is too low. sometimes hard to hear what the other person is saying on the other side.

anon5664829

Banned
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
it is a great smartphone. I still like my nexus 4, but the biggest gripe I have about it is that the "phone" part is not great. both the speaker and in ear is too low. sometimes hard to hear what the other person is saying on the other side.
Really? my ear piece is really loud, the speaks are kinda muffled with them being at the back:(

joshtrader

Feb 17, 2013
Visit site
probably one of the best phone and only one at its price. great android experience, my first actually, only wish the battery be bigger and no ear buzz