how to make video call (GSM) in nexus 4?

anon5664829

Banned
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
Me either.... I thought he meant if it came with Apphole's Face Time. I gave him alternatives.
Now now, you meant Apple right? say Apple then, no need for you to try be the "cool kid" I think he means actually video calling over the network not using data and I do not think that is possible.

Parth Ghetia

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Seriously guys?

UMTS / 3G standard video calling (or the lack of it!) | qrant

There is a video conferencing standard for UMTS and later. It's just Android, iOS, and probably WP doesn't support it .. well clearly no one remembers it anymore. My old Sony Ericsson phone supported front facing video calling over 3G (built in, no apps) but no carriers in the US supported it.

Anyway, he did mention using it over WiFi which would mean he would have to use something like Google Talk or Skype but his inclusion of (GSM) in the topic title meant the above.

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Seriously guys?

UMTS / 3G standard video calling (or the lack of it!) | qrant

There is a video conferencing standard for UMTS and later. It's just Android, iOS, and probably WP doesn't support it .. well clearly no one remembers it anymore. My old Sony Ericsson phone supported front facing video calling over 3G (built in, no apps) but no carriers in the US supported it.

Anyway, he did mention using it over WiFi which would mean he would have to use something like Google Talk or Skype but his inclusion of (GSM) in the topic title meant the above.

Ohhhhh lol

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Nexus rockin 4.2.2 using Tapatalk 2

raj24

Feb 17, 2013
Visit site
Guys, i'm just clerifying again to clear all confusion..
i mean to ask if we can make video calling though 3g/wifi witohut any 3rd party app to other 3g/wifi enabled phone directly via network in nexus 4?

for google talk,skype, it need to be installed and logged in in other usrs phone also, i mean to ask if by simply calling user over gsm-3g network, we can do video call in nexus 4 or not?

frenziedfemale

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Guys, i'm just clerifying again to clear all confusion..
i mean to ask if we can make video calling though 3g/wifi witohut any 3rd party app to other 3g/wifi enabled phone directly via network in nexus 4?

for google talk,skype, it need to be installed and logged in in other usrs phone also, i mean to ask if by simply calling user over gsm-3g network, we can do video call in nexus 4 or not?

No, you need an app to video call

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar