Which Notes/Memo and Sound/Voice Recorder are you using with your nexus 4?

joshtrader

Feb 17, 2013
Visit site
I'm a little dissappointed that the nexus 4 doesn't come with stock notes or voice recorder on it. Was just wondering what alternate apps are you all using to take notes or voice? I know there is the note to self option but i preferred it to be offline or save it on the device instead of email.

Michael Morris2

Feb 13, 2013
Visit site
I've been wondering the same thing. Apps like Evernote seem to be for people hwo take a lot of notes and need them organized, I just need a blank 1 sheet pad to write down my parking stall # and such.

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
I either use a free app called Voice Recorder, or I use the speech to text option to have it type notes in my TaskOS app or into Evernotes. As far as the parking stall # from the post above, I always take a picture of where I park. If you have record location turned on for your camera app, you can use the picture to navigate back to the parking spot if needed.

CoMoNexus

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
I'm a little dissappointed that the nexus 4 doesn't come with stock notes or voice recorder on it.

I was surprised, too, because my previous phone, the original EVO, came with one. Then I read this:

Could this be why a whole bunch of HTC devices just got security updates? - Pocketables

If this hypothesis is true, I wonder if Google and LG knew about this vulnerability and wanted to avoid it by not shipping the N4 with a recorder app preloaded.

At any rate, I just downloaded Smart Voice Recorder.

jman1323

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
I use colornote. Pretty basic note app with the ability of putting sticky notes and checklists on your home screen.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

galatians51

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I have been using Handy Memo for those (ahem) handy memos. It has a voice recorder built in and allows scribbles or typing. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.appbody.handyNote.memo.free.google&hl=en

A good one for parking reminders is COL Reminder: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.colapps.reminder&feature=nav_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwyLDNd

Neat one for us Jelly Bean users is Renotify+ (which is on sale), it allows you to create pinned notes in the status bar: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.liamlang.renotifyplus&feature=more_from_developer#?t=W251bGwsMSwxLDEwMiwiY29tLmxpYW1sYW5nLnJlbm90aWZ5cGx1cyJd

Casey Rendon

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
Springpad is my favorite for notes. It saves all notes online, lets you edit from any computer, and you can share notes with other people/allow others to edit your notes.

Hi-Q MP3 Voice Recorder is great for recording because it records directly into MP3 format. Pretty handy, and saves space.

gjbrns

Mar 20, 2013
Visit site
i need a simple note pad and simple voice memo function that doesn't do anything fancy like translate,send notifications, sync,organize,send to the web but just records it on the phone so i can find it offline later. can't nexus 4 do this? if not is there an app that will do this and just this? [ i'm beginning to hanker after my old windows phone]

joshtrader

Feb 17, 2013
Visit site
very good suggestions, i think colornote is great for just taking plain notes, and will combine with evernote for multipurpose voice and snapshot note

MythicVoid

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
I sort of used Drive as my notes app, but with Google Keep now released, I'm going to switch with that. As a writer, it can really help me out. Offline editing!

joshtrader

Feb 17, 2013
Visit site
google keep is exactly what've been looking for, an app by google for notes and stuff
hopefully they going to embedded with the stock android on the next update

runtmms

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
I use color note for synced shopping lists with my husband. For anything else I'm going to start using Google Keep.

Sent from my Nexus 4 on Solavei

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vignajeanniegolabek