Anyone with N4 considering HTC ONE?

guinnkevinr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I'm curious how many people who have the N4 are seriously considering the HTC ONE? I love my N4 but the black HTC one is looking dead sexy..

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

SC1

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
I set on the HTC one, but I decided on a N4 instead. I didn't want to wait for the software updates, and didn't want to wait until April for one.

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Have never owned a HTC but think they really did well with the One. I probably will not get one but bravo to HTC!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317

Citizen Coyote

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
The One is an attractive phone but I have no plans on replacing my N4. I'm too much in love with stock Android and the unlocked experience to put up with carrier and manufacturer nonsense again.

ScottsoNJ

Jan 29, 2012
Visit site
I am seriously thinking about picking it up. I have an old HTC Status laying around and did the trade up for the $ 100.00 gift card if I can buy it by 3/31. I like the front speakers,aluminum build and the ultra pixel camera intrigues me. So WHENEVER it gets launched I am going to see and feel it in person. I love my Nexus 4 but will give the One a look see.

Lanhoj

May 16, 2011
Visit site
I've only had the Nexus One & One S from HTC...no complaints but this year I'll already be getting the:
-Z10
-S4
-N5
-iPhone 5S
And a WP8 (haven't decided which yet)

So to answer the OP's question - No.
Why not? Can't afford it otherwise I might, but as a backup not my primary device.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

razzyjones

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
I had the N1 and the HTC One S which i just upgraded to the N4 ... the black HTC One looks really good, and i like sense. i am just afraid of the picture quality. i like HQ photos I can print and the HTC One doesn't allow for that. the camera on the One S and One X were amazing i wish they had just kept it as is

i will probably get an HTC One next month

loosecannon6

Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Nope not interested in any skinned version of android sure you can root and put a ROM on it but I'd rather not in my opinion if it's not a nexus its not android lol I know that a stupid thing to say but I like how it sounds

sent from my nexus 4 or nexus 7

Tronstar

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
The One is an attractive phone but I have no plans on replacing my N4. I'm too much in love with stock Android and the unlocked experience to put up with carrier and manufacturer nonsense again.

I'm in the same boat, and with rumors of key lime pie coming, there's no way I'm switching to a phone that will take longer to get it. Seems like going backwards! Nice looking phone though.

Greg C

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site

Yes... it does look really really sharp... but I agree totally with you.

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Don't want it. I just got put on a prepaid account on T-Mobile on my unlocked N4. Don't want to be locked to a carrier again just to get a new phone.

chubb

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
No. It is a very nice looking phone, I have always like HTC designs and in hand feel. Also speakers on the front seem like a great idea, should sound a lot better than any other phone, maybe. But the software completely kills it for me. Vanilla Android is the only Android for me.

Frost Forged

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
I can't jump into skinned android. i tried touchwiz and messed with sense a few times and just no.

That said, the HTC One is an absolutely beautiful piece of kit. My wish? HTC makes the Nexus 5 and it uses a very similar body style to this.

This is the first time an android phone has had Apple level hardware design. I hope the world rewards HTC with strong sales.

Treknologist

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
No, not after using a Nexus phone. I much prefer the vanilla Android experience and the quick updates. I do like the HTC hardware, though. I'm hoping they get the contract to make the next Nexus device.

TheDonJ77

May 13, 2011
Visit site
Nope. Loving the nexus and pure stock android. Waiting for key lime pie too. Now when the nexus 5 comes out, ask me again. Lol

Sent from my Awesome Nexus 4 using Tapatalk.

Tabs85

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
Not going to change phones for another year or two till something really more powerful comes out, or my phone struggles with apps.

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
Life is much easier if you choose to love the one you're with. I decided 3 phones ago that I was only buying Nexus devices for as long as Nexus devices are made. Life is better this way...I no longer care what anyone outside of Google comes out with...it saves a lot of research time, and doesn't leave me wanting.

ConTejas

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
Once you go Nexi...

The HTC1 is definitely a nice piece of hardware. IMO software is king. So Nexi is where it's at on Android. Would LOVE to see front facing stereo speakers on the next Nexus. Basically the only thing I think is REALLY cool about the HTC1.

To whomever said the HTC1 is the first Android device with "iphone level" hardware (I can only assume you actually mean build quality...iphone has been behind Android flagship specs for years now)....have you never seen/held a Nexus 4? C'mon! Anyway, that title does belong to HTC...but it was the Nexus ONE in 2010 lol. That was a beautiful device and truly ahead of its time. Just flew well below the radar.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital