Texts out of order

kmcochran

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
When I receive long texts that are broken up into multiple texts, they come out of order. This happens with my friends on Verizon using iPhones. I'll have to see if it happens with other phones. I'm using the stock messaging app. Is there any way to fix this?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

wunderbar

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
I get this every so often, and I live in a different country, and it happens on all kinds of phones. My belief has always been that it is a combination of the software not breaking up a message that is too long well, and the fact that there is sometimes unpredictability in SMS. Messages don't always arrive instantaneously, so 2 messages sent in quick succession may not always arrive in the order they were intended, since one might get processed faster than the other.

I personally hate it when people type a 400 character message at once and depend on the phone to break it up. Somteimes it. just. doesn't. work. From one friend in paticular she'll send something that needs to be split into 3 SMS' and sometimes I just won't get one at all. Makes it fun when I miss the middle part of a message.

tl;dr: probably nothing you can do, and tell people to stop trying it. :)

raymaane

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
I personally hate it when people type a 400 character message at once and depend on the phone to break it up. Somteimes it. just. doesn't. work.

tl;dr: probably nothing you can do, and tell people to stop trying it. :)

Totally agree! My mom has an Epic4G and sometimes she'll send me long messages, and it'll just come in at separate times. Sometimes I can piece it together lol. But its not your phone, just a SMS thing I suppose. No worries!

Sent from my PC36100 using Android Central Forums

kmcochran

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the heads up. I guess this never really happened on my Palm Pre. I've only noticed it since moving to Android. And maybe it's just these two people who are both on Verizon using iPhones. Yeah, I think I'll just blame Verizon and iOS.