Anything equivalent to pulling the battery?

vlee

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
This may be a silly question, but my last (actually only) smartphone was an original Samsung Epic. It had a tendency to hang periodically. The GPS seemed to flake out periodically and some apps that needed the GPS just hung stupidly. And sometimes it would just hang as I tried to slide something on the screen. Pushing onscreen buttons didn't work, nor did the power button. The only thing that worked was pulling the battery.

Since I know I can't remove the back or the battery, I'm wondering if there is an equivalent to this process on the Nexus? I found the manual online and looked up reset, but it only talked about a factory reset. Maybe I'm just paranoid; but if not I'd like to know what to do if this happens.

Tidey_

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
Yeah you just hold the power button for 10 seconds and the phone will do a reboot.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

CoMoNexus

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
Timely thread. This morning, I hit the power button to check email. About a half-hour later, I went to check email again, but hitting the power button did nothing. I didn't think the battery was dead because it was north of 90 percent when I went to bed. But after holding down the power button multiple times, it didn't come on, so I put on the charger. Then I hit the power button a few more times, and still nothing.

A few minutes later, I tried again, and finally I got the charging battery icon, which showed that it was nearly full. After another couple of attempts, the phone booted up.

This wasn't the first time that the power button has been unresponsive. Anyone else experiencing this? Next time, I'll try the reboot procedure discussed here.

Tidey_

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
I've had that kind of thing with my Nexus 7 but never with my nexus 4. The button was unresponsive sometimes so I just used to hold it down until it came up with the prompt to turn off and then I would cancel and just unlock. It only happens every so often though but I've never had a problem on my nexus 4 with it.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995