Google Releases Notes App

Rizy7

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Looks like Google recently released a notes app... Google Keep

Quickly capture what?s on your mind and recall it easily wherever you are. Create a checklist, enter a voice note or snap a photo and annotate it. Everything you add is instantly available on all your devices ? desktop and mobile.
With Google Keep you can:
? Keep track of your thoughts via notes, lists and photos
? Have voice notes transcribed automatically
? Use homescreen widgets to capture thoughts quickly
? Color-code your notes to help find them later
? Swipe to archive things you no longer need
? Turn a note into a checklist by adding checkboxes
? Use your notes from anywhere - they are safely stored in the cloud and available on the web at http://drive.google.com/keep

Last edited:

skyrockett

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
2303 likes and zero downloads

Screenshot_2013-03-20-22-23-16_zps5ba0d6a2.png

Lol! Going to check it out.. Looks awesome!

skyrockett

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
I think Google drive is free.. Comes in bundle with gmail. Its not like google plus.. Google drive was known as Google docs and it worked with gmail as document viewer.

Tronstar

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Good timing after the evernote security breach a couple weeks ago. I downloaded and will be trying it out. Interface seems simple, everything I need, nothing I don't.

adam514

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
This just made part of my job so much easier! Pictures with notes underneath is a lifesaver as well as the color coding. Awesome :)

hydrolic11

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
doesn't this already exist with EverNote? i tried it out so far and there's no feature of google note that differentiates it from EverNote.

Last edited:

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
doesn't this already exist with EverNote? i tried it out so far and there's no feature of google note that differentiates it from EverNote.

The basic functionality is very similar yes... but the widget is cleaner and gets rid of another user name and password for those of us shutting down Evernote. Especially in light of their recent security issues, it's great timing on Google's part. Evernote was always something to make up for what Google Tasks was lacking...

zxcv106106

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site

Quickly capture what?s on your mind and recall it easily wherever you are. Create a checklist, enter a voice note or snap a photo and annotate it. Everything you add is instantly available on all your devices ? desktop and mobile.
? Use your notes from anywhere - they are safely stored in the cloud and available on the web at http://drive.google.com/keep

Thanks !!!!!

anon5664829

Banned
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site

It's awesome!

Treknologist

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I've never used Evernote but, this, I'm definitely trying out. Looks like a cool app and I love the live sync from desktop to mobile. :)

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site

Arent you gonna add this app to Nexus 4 best apps. seems like a solid app to me. although its missing some features but i believe google will add features

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hooded88