Nexus 4 sudden loss of signal T-Mobile

daniel2744

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
So this morning i was using my nexus 4 just fine and I had full signal like I always do and all of a sudden my signal drops and I'm not getting anything at all. Is this just a network issue or maybe something inside my phone stopped working? I'm go to school soon so hopefully it is just a network issue and the signal will improve when I get over there

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

minnemike

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
easy to blame tmo right now as they roll out LTE - you may have experience a temp down moment as they switched off old tower tech and turned on new - could cause weird stuff.

daniel2744

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Well let's hope so cause its been now an hour and its not getting any better. Luckily I have a final study for at school today but when I get back tonight this better be fixed lol

daniel2744

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Contact tech support, see if a tower is down near you. It happens to every carrier.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

I might when I get home tonight but I'm about to leave so I won't be thinking about it as much. I might stop by my work cause it's about 20 miles away and I get the same great signal there too. If it's still crappy than it can possibly be the network. Luckily it's on my way to where I'm going so it won't be too much of a detour

daniel2744

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Yeah i did it 3 times and I put the phone in airplane mode twice in hopes it would restart the signal. Just so everyone knows I'm in Corona, CA which is about 40 miles from LA. I don't know if tmobile has LTE plans for here yet

daniel2744

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Okay so on my way to school I stopped by work which is kinda far like 18 miles away from where I live and I'm getting full signal now. So I'm probably experiencing a tower issue at home. Its good to know my phone is working lol

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1363889996056.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1363889996056.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 322

daniel2744

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
So I finally just got home and i ran a couple of speed tests and everything seems to be back to normal if anything my upload speeds seem to be faster to me. Maybe it's cause it's 1am lol I will try in the morning but I did five tests and i didn't get anything less than 3 Mbps

gunshotlead

Jan 14, 2013
Visit site
So I finally just got home and i ran a couple of speed tests and everything seems to be back to normal if anything my upload speeds seem to be faster to me. Maybe it's cause it's 1am lol I will try in the morning but I did five tests and i didn't get anything less than 3 Mbps

Yes tower congestion also has an impact on your data connection quality. It's reasonable to expect better connections during times when people aren't active. Of course all bets are off if you're near a college campus for example...:cool:

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

UnlockedOnly

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
Yeah I had no TMO service the other morning, lasted about 4 hours, then came back on with no problems.......I also have a Samsung tablet on TMO and that was down to....so its not the phone. I'm in New York.

llamainmypocket

Feb 11, 2013
Visit site
I'm petty sure when its all said and done you are going to finish with faster speed. This is the exact moment when T mobile is rolling out 4g and you live near one of the few cities is rolling out in. I wouldn't blame anyone, I'd hope for goody to show up.

T mobile only has 2G in my city. It's odd, we got the 3g to the left and right but 2G right here. I could get my total phone bill down to 23$ a month if I just had 3G here.

daniel2744

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
I'm petty sure when its all said and done you are going to finish with faster speed. This is the exact moment when T mobile is rolling out 4g and you live near one of the few cities is rolling out in. I wouldn't blame anyone, I'd hope for goody to show up.

T mobile only has 2G in my city. It's odd, we got the 3g to the left and right but 2G right here. I could get my total phone bill down to 23$ a month if I just had 3G here.

Yeah i know it will be faster. I'm only frustrated cause the nexus 4 wifi signal sucks and it always takes forever. Even tho I'm like 10 ft away from the router so i just keep my data connection on instead

zkSharks

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
Router? Are you talking about Wi-Fi?

If that's the case it shouldnt have anything to do with t mobile.

He was referring to the poor WiFi signal he receives on his Nexus 4 causing him to prefer a cellular connection over WiFi. Because of that, when the cellular data goes out, it's even more of an inconvenience.

[...] the nexus 4 wifi signal sucks and it always takes forever. Even tho I'm like 10 ft away from the router so i just keep my data connection on instead

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463