TMobile HSPA +42

minnemike

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
do a speed test when you think you are in good range of a tower - what do you get? You'll never see top speed H+ unless you do something on the phone that calls for it. It auto switches speed to save battery.

If you are getting over 5 mbps in decent range of a tower, then you have H+! IF you are literally right next to a tower you should be getting at least 17 mbps.

Last edited:

bunky1971

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
These are speeds from refarmed 1900 spectrum...I pick up same speeds on 1900 + 1700 mhz. Cant wait for lte.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Android Central Forums

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1363960397067.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1363960397067.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 85

UnlockedOnly

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
do a speed test when you think you are in good range of a tower - what do you get? You'll never see top speed H+ unless you do something on the phone that calls for it. It auto switches speed to save battery.

If you are getting over 5 mbps in decent range of a tower, then you have H+! IF you are literally right next to a tower you should be getting at least 17 mbps.

thanks, I will do the speed testing, mind explaining to me what you mean that I would have to do something on the phone to receive top speed...thanks again

b0bbert

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
I got this the other day.
ymu8ury6.jpg

thanks, I will do the speed testing, mind explaining to me what you mean that I would have to do something on the phone to receive top speed...thanks again
What he means is unless you are actively using data it stays on 3G until the phone really needs the 4G/H+ connection. It idles on 3G to save battery. When I initiate a speed test it bumps from 3G to 4G since its requesting a connection.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2