Custom homescreen

valpd

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
I see so many launchers out there, but I'm so confused on where to start. I need something that is easy to use where I can change some stuff, but not the entire layout of my N4. For example I don't like having all of my apps on the front screen. I would rather have them on the dock. I also like having the ability to change widgets and the wallpaper.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

McSkullough

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
Are you asking for launcher suggestions? I use Nova Launcher Prime, it works great. You can have multiple pages on your dock, along with more than 5 icons on each page.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

McSkullough

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
I'd say so. At least play around with it. If it doesn't suit your taste, you can always return to the stock launcher, no harm done.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Andyvalver

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
Ive tried a few launchers now. I prefer apex launcher and that's the one I use. Its very simular to nova

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Android Central Forums

TRSpeed3

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
Nova Launcher Prime is the way to go, I started out with the free version then bought the full version for badge notifications and gesture functionality.

As far as ease of use it's pretty easy, I was an IOS user my whole life. Made the switch to android and about a week or so into it downloaded nova launcher. Even without knowing anything about Nova or android I was able to setup a sweet home screen.

valpd

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
Nova seems OK, but its just too complicated. I don't really want to spend too much time changing stuff around. Just a few minor tweaks here and there b

ChromeJob

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
Nova seems OK, but its just too complicated. I don't really want to spend too much time changing stuff around. Just a few minor tweaks here and there b

Nova Launcher prime is still the way to go. Just import your layout from the stock launcher. I like that I can match layouts on my N4 & N7.

What do you want to tweak?

// Tapatalk HD for Android - Nexus 7 //

return_0

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
I see so many launchers out there, but I'm so confused on where to start. I need something that is easy to use where I can change some stuff, but not the entire layout of my N4. For example I don't like having all of my apps on the front screen. I would rather have them on the dock. I also like having the ability to change widgets and the wallpaper.

I don't understand what you mean. You can add widgets, change the wallpaper, and move apps to the dock on the stock launcher.

I Can Be Your Hero

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
I'm on Nova Launcher Prime.

I would have stuck with the stock Nexus 4 launcher if it allowed me to delete extra pages. I only have use for 3 home screens, so the extra two on each edge was wasted space for me, but stock Android doesn't let you delete them, so I got Nova Launcher.

valpd

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
I like Nova Launcher, but just don't want something that will drastically change everything around. Is there anything else that I could check out?

nexxus89

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
I've only had my N4 for about a week, and recently settled into a fairly nice homepage without Nova Launcher.

If I decide to check Nova out and determine its not worth it for me (not a huge customizing guy), will I able to uninstall it and get my original launcher home screen back, or will I have to re-set up my home screen setup?

valpd

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
I've only had my N4 for about a week, and recently settled into a fairly nice homepage without Nova Launcher.

If I decide to check Nova out and determine its not worth it for me (not a huge customizing guy), will I able to uninstall it and get my original launcher home screen back, or will I have to re-set up my home screen setup?

Can you take a pic of your home screen? I would like some ideas.

return_0

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
I like Nova Launcher, but just don't want something that will drastically change everything around. Is there anything else that I could check out?

Nova doesn't drastically change anything. You can use it and keep the exact same setup as you had before by importing it. You can make a few simple tweaks or completely change it around.

Also, you haven't responded to my post asking for an explanation of what you mean in the original post. Please do so as it would help me and everyone solve your problem.

wildmangk

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
Go Launcher is working well for me. Never crashes on me and its smooth and plenty of customization options

Sent from my iPad Mini using Tapatalk

ChromeJob

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
I'm using Nova Launcher as well, it's a bit complicated at first but you'll get used to it.

I found I could make Nova as simple or complicated as i want. It's not too difficult to install on a N4 and make it look like the stock launcher on the N7.....

// Tapatalk HD for Android - Nexus 7 //

SpiralBorg

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
Go Launcher HD for tablets, crashes quite an bit.
Nova Launcher do sent crash, much.
Its an great launcher, though.

Sent from my MZ604 using Android Central Forums

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy