How Play Only "On Device" Music

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
I'm so confused. How do I play just the songs that I've downloaded to my device? When I select a song to play and hit next or shuffle, it wants to play songs that are both in Google Play AND on my device. :confused:

If this has been already addressed, let me know where. I searched, but couldn't find a response that addresses my issue.

wunderbar

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
1) the app top left corner where it says "All Music" is actually a drop down menu. Tap it and it will give you an "On Device only" option. Tap that.

2) Start playing Music.

3) ???

4) Profit

wunderbar

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
I just downloaded 2 albums locally, changed the dropdown in the top left from "All music" to "On Device", hit shuffle and it only went through those two albums, no other music. Not sure what else to tell you.

EDIT: It could be that it is also playing music that you've streamed recently. The default for streamed music is that it'll stay cached locally on the device, and will store as much as 2GB of music that way. That music techically isn't marked to always be on device, but is living on your device. That's the only other thing I can think of.

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
I just downloaded 2 albums locally, changed the dropdown in the top left from "All music" to "On Device", hit shuffle and it only went through those two albums, no other music. Not sure what else to tell you.

EDIT: It could be that it is also playing music that you've streamed recently. The default for streamed music is that it'll stay cached locally on the device, and will store as much as 2GB of music that way. That music techically isn't marked to always be on device, but is living on your device. That's the only other thing I can think of.

I was messing around with it, trying all the settings. I just restarted my device and did what you suggested. It's finally working the way it's supposed to. Thanks!