Straight Talk switching from AT&T to T-Mobile

imnotaplaya

Mar 26, 2013
Visit site
I currently have a Nexus 4 and am using Straight Talk with an AT&T micro sim. I am generally satisfied but am reading about the superior HSPA+42 data speed when using Straight Talk with a T-Mobile Compatible SIM Card. I know that I would have to purchase a T-Mobile Compatible SIM Card and cut it down to micro sim size. What other steps would I have to take? Thanks so much.

1lowtc

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
You will have to port the number over from AT&T ST over to T-Mobile ST if you are going to keep the same number. Mine took like 30 mins for everything to port over.You won't get throttled like AT&T does, I've averaged 10 gigs every month for the past 5 months on T-Mobile Straight Talk, couldn't be happier. If using a new number just activate the sim online or call.

imnotaplaya

Mar 26, 2013
Visit site
You will have to port the number over from AT&T ST over to T-Mobile ST if you are going to keep the same number. Mine took like 30 mins for everything to port over.You won't get throttled like AT&T does, I've averaged 10 gigs every month for the past 5 months on T-Mobile Straight Talk, couldn't be happier. If using a new number just activate the sim online or call.

Thanks so much for the response. Yes, I plan to keep my same phone#. I would port the number on the Straight Talk website using the info from my T-Mobile compatible SIM, corect? Sorry but I'm a novice. Thanks again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol